Potential 25% Cash Return

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gumbo

As a matter of interest have you imposed a usage limitation? Do you specify which types of sites members can use?

What's the view on malicious damage or kids playing with those big leather football things?

I see where you are coming from but in the end you are in the embryonic stage of starting a pucker insurance company, to make a profit.LOL.

Cutting all the rubbish and abuse I just wonder what will happen to your syndicate if two or more claims arise in year one? Have you thought about offsetting some of the risk to a reinsurance fund?? That's what real insurers do. In fact bookies lay off big bets. Spread the risk!!

Again I have to say I am just not rich enough to take chances so again I say it's better to insure and sleep easy.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Do you specify which types of sites members can use?

What's the view on malicious damage or kids playing with those big leather football things?

I will put it to the others when not on CC sites it has to be Adult only

thanks for the heads up on that. We all have sufficient funds so we don't need to lay off the Risk

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Both me and my husband used to work in the insurance industry, clocking up around 50 years between us and I can only sit here and shake my head in total disbelief that any private individual would consider self - insuring. Commercial Concerns who self insure, also have 'stop loss' cover which steps in over and above the specific amount that the company are prepared to fund themselves.

What about any third party liability that may arise whilst your caravan is not attached to your vehicle? Heaven forbid it should happen but if your handbrake should fail and your van run off downhill, killing or severely injuring someone? The financial implications are enormous. You cannot rely on your household insurers stumping up the third party injury costs unless you have told them of your intentions and have had confirmation of their willingness to provide the cover.

As has been said already, the basis of insurance is 'the contributions of the many paying for the losses of the few' but I think the operative words are 'many' and 'few' and with the number of contributors you have compared to the possible losses, you may come to regret your decission

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We all have sufficient funds so we don't need to lay off the Risk

Gumbo.

The truth at last!! You are all loaded and the loss of all your caravans wouldn't hurt your pockets? Am I right??

If I were you guys I'd avoid any site with children where the odd stray ball may cause damage.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Surely the really worrying thing with this scheme is the one pointed out by Mags & Alan.

If the very worst happened and the Van rolled, or something like a fire and gas cylinder explosion occured, that killed or maimed any third party, the claim could run into

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts