Powrtouch Evolution motor mover

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi all

Second trip in the caravan this weekend, and the mover behaved strangely when picking from storage on Friday... I was trying to manoeuvre the van onto the towbar, and the mover kept on over running - i.e. continuing to power on after I took my finger off the button. I thought I was going to demolish the car bumper, it was over running by a good few inches. When we got to the site, it was fine. Just enquiring if anyone else has had a similar issue?

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Could the buttons be stiff? Can’t remember how the buttons work. If so try gently spraying with truma silicone spray. If not is there a radio source near storage. This might interfere with the signal. Have you replaced the handset batteries?

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts. It's all brand new, delivered on 29 March, and worked fine after... There were 2 other caravans manoeuvring within 15-20 yards, I wondered about cross interference?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes ! cross interference ! it has happened to us in our storage yard but we are surrounded by pylons and cables so I wonder if that has something to do with it ? Otherwise fine on site .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think if there were others working in the distance then this is probably the answer as you might all be interfering with each other. The fact the mover worked perfectly after that would seem to confirm this.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Raywood, do you think they would have been interfering with each other on site?....I thought these things only happened in public toilets at night.
Regards,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Every designer of a motor mover should have considered the strong likelyhood there could be interference that might compromise the operation of a motor mover. The design should incorporate safety systems that stop the mover dead if it's not got a coherent signal from its paired controller.
If a caravan mover does not stop instantly when the buttons on the controller are released there is some thing wrong with the system.

Bearing in mind that a motor mover has more than enough power to do some serious damage to the caravan or nearby property yet alone adults or children, if it does not stop when the control is released, get it sorted!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Larry.
Ring Powrtouch. I am sure they will send an engineer to you asap. The unit is only a few weeks old!
Who supplied and fitted it..Under the CRA you have excellent rights to reject and have your money back.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
It was fitted by the dealer who sold us the Cabrera as part of the deal. I'm not too concerned about it, because it's only happened once. The "interference" bit shouldn't happen, because the control unit appears to use Bluetooth or similar technology, so the signal between the remote and control unit is an encrypted channel between the two... It's only been the one time, so I am being cautious, and posted here to see if it was common...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts