Powrtouch Evolution Remote Control Problem

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I would appreciate your help with one thing.

I have Powrtouch Evolution AWD Auto Mover.

I was pairing the caravan and the car using a mover and everything went well.

But after that, the remote control just switched off.

I thought it might be a battery issue and replaced it with a new one. It didn’t help!

I tried again in a couple of minutes and the remote turned on but only for a second or two. After that, it turned off again. Every two minutes I can repeat it - and it turns on for a second and turns off.

Tomorrow I need to pair and go further on my trip but I do not know what to do. Any ideas? Please help!

TIA!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Late at night , Alex, but try a new battery in the handset, or if you have the remote cable, use that between the handset and the Blue control unit.
Good luck.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Thank you, Hutch. The new battery didn't help. And I do not have a remote cable. Is it a problem with connecting the handset with the leisure battery? I don't understand

Reactions: Hutch

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like there is a fault in either the handset or the on-board control unit.
If somebody else has the same model handset you might try pairing theirs with your unit or vice versa to find out which and for immediate resolution of your moving need.
Though not an immediate solution the "go to" man for all mover controller issues is the very helpful chap at AR Electronics. Talk it out with him if his website trouble shooter does not resolve it. If in physical need of help he offers an extemporary service at a modest price.
LINK

Edit; I am assuming from what you wrote the handset un pairs itself without the mover actually being called on to move the van?
If that is not the case and the disconnect is only if the mover is asked to work, then the caravan battery's health/condition become a possible contender.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Once "paired" a handset and control box remain paired even if tgey are switched off. So are you trying to re-pair each time you use your mover?
I think the handset automatically switches off after a couple of minutes of not being used.
i have a Powrtouch remote control that is surplus to requirements. It was for a single axle mover so unsure it it will work an AWD mover.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The OP said.

“I was pairing the caravan and the car using a mover and everything went well.”

Perhaps he meant hitching up, as opposed to pairing the remote with the control unit.

John

Reactions: Alex_Makarov
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I would be inclined to try (yet) another new battery in the remote, I have been known to fail to dispose of a flat battery in the past, resulting in an experience not too dissimilar to this one :rolleyes:

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
I would be inclined to try (yet) another new battery in the remote, I have been known to fail to dispose of a flat battery in the past, resulting in an experience not too dissimilar to this one :rolleyes:

Ditto - I put them aside to remember to take them to the supermarket to drop in their battery recycling bin, forget .............................................. only to then pop one back into an appliance.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What is possible is that old battery corroded and affected the terminals inside the remote control. Perhaps cleaning the terminals in the remote would be a good start?

Reactions: Alex_Makarov
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
And you were absolutely right!!!

I checked everything: leisure battery, on-board controller, all the cables etc.

Nothing helped. And after all I checked the brand new battery I just put into my remote and it was flat! Unbelievable! They sold me a dead battery!!!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Was it an in date premium branded one?

This is an application where I use Duracell, having had issues with the installer provided one.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have got Duracell, BB Date 11/28, purchased from a supermarket in Turkey. But it was flat!! Ridiculous!
One word in that response should tell you all you need to know "Turkey"
It amazes me how you can get a genuine Rolex from a shop in Turkey for a fraction of the price in a Rolex shop in London.
You did invest in a Rolex whilst in Turkey, didn't you?

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
One word in that response should tell you all you need to know "Turkey"
It amazes me how you can get a genuine Rolex from a shop in Turkey for a fraction of the price in a Rolex shop in London.
You did invest in a Rolex whilst in Turkey, didn't you?
How much have you paid for your Rolex? (I know you have many of them, but how much for the cheapest?)

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I have got Duracell, BB Date 11/28, purchased from a supermarket in Turkey. But it was flat!! Ridiculous!
Contact your local Duracell importer, they will be interested and if its genuine compensate you, probably quite well. As said if it turns out it is a genuine Duracell.

Reactions: kbrad
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
How much have you paid for your Rolex? (I know you have many of them, but how much for the cheapest?)
About $15 in Hong Kong, so it was clearly not a knock-off! and my daughter picked me up a Brietling in Bali for about the same :cool:
Did you know they are not as reliable as the sales blurb says? Both of them lasted about 13 months.
My current Citizen eco-drive is 14 years old.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought a “Rolex “ in Washington DC back in 1986 and it still works fine. Then back in 2008 I bought a “Tag Heur” in Hisaranu. With us were a couple of Essex Bobbies who bought a few watches. Then a year later we met up with them again and they had a complaint that one watch had stopped working. So they returned it to the shop and without any fuss the shopkeeper exchanged it and gave him an additional one too. CRA 2015 eat your heart out 😂

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I bought two “ Rolex” in a Singapore market, bloke with a big raincoat.in 1992. The bracelets have corroded but the watch itself still keeps very good time . Local watch chap changes the battery when needed. Yes it’s electric and the second hand doesn’t “sweep” but it looks as good as the real thing. Makes you wonder how they do it?

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts