PRACTICAL CARAVAN MAGAZINES

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
as anyone got any ideas what i can do with 3 years worth of practical magazine. as it seemed such a shame to just throw them we have got quite a collection. we dont know anyone who would appriciate them and advertising and posting them would cost us a great deal. any suggestions? thanks

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Debbie

Apart from advertising them in your local free ads newspaper would charity shops or jumble sales take them? If not then the doctors, dentist and local health center might take just a few.

Let us know how you get on

May 18, 2006
Visit site
How about leaving a selection at the next few sites you visit. I like to read the books/mags that are left in the information huts.

Graeme.

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Our local Public Library is always grateful for magazine donations as they now have not got the money to provide magazines and newspapers like they used to.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I had the same problem. Subscribed to 3 mags over the years ,member of both clubs so had mags everywhere. Have since cancelled all the mags as I found I flicked though them not finding much of interest to me. Cancelled C&CC membership just leaving CC as I insure with them . I have CC mags back to when it was called En Route.

Recycle some each week but have a good read first just in case I've missed something.

Brian (",)

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Later scanners have the facility to scan to pdf - so you could scan the interesting items to your computer and keep for reference in the future. Remain very readable even at 300dpi. Adverts and 'new' tourers cease to interesting in the long term, but touring like the recent holiday series are of longer term reference use.

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
I pass mine on to anyone interested in taking up caravanning. Have done so a few times over the years, resulting in three new caravanners so far.

When I started caravanning (from tenting), I was given some back copies by local caravanners - it worked for me!

May 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure a lot of us are in the same position.It may be worth while getting in touch with the Caravan Club to see if any of their nearby sites could use them as some sort of reference library where you could continue to add copies as you finish with them.

Just a thought

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts