Practical Caravan Owner Satisfaction Survey 2017

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Completed the survey. Can i suggest the IT staff make some changes. Reverse the drop down lists for date purchased- (the first option is 1900, and the country list. These will make it quicker for UK users. Also the future question needs to be not obligatory- i didn't purchase privately and so had to choose "No" which skews the results.

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
An uncharitable view of the contents of this "survey" might be along the lines that:

1 the "survey" was badly written
2 had incomprehensible questions (some of which had no answer yet were marked as compulsory)
3 had spelling/grammatical mistakes
4 was thinly disguised as an attempt to extract contact details and other info ( insurance renewal date and the like) in order that various "offers" could be made to those who filled it in...

A more charitable interpretation might be that someone decided to defray the costs of the "survey" by including these marketing data issues...

I am not usually critical of material we see here on the forum, but it does make one wonder!
Regards to all and of course
Happy Caravanning
paws

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't filled it in. The reason:- I see no need for the survey to need my insurance renewal date other than to provide someone with the information so I can be inundated with offers for insurance.
If I am wrong I would like to know the true reason as it has nothing to do with owner satisfaction as far as I can see.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have to disagree.
In the main the whole purpose of these surveys is to give the punter in the street the chance to say what they want. ie this is rubbish etc.
The insurance thing as we all know is a ploy to a degree but equally it will tell the insurance industry why one insurer is better than another. Some will remember there is one company we cannot mention because a few years ago they came out very badly. Most of us who read this don't insure with them!
If you don't want to answer some questions then just put in a fictitious name address phone no etc.
I for one like to know whose make suffers most water ingress etc. How can I make a sensible judgement on my new purchase if I don't know what others think? :blink:

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your replies regarding our survey. This is not a marketing exercise and we are not trying to be difficult. We simply want to know what owning a caravan is like for real caravanners, to help fellow caravanners buy with confidence and to inform manufacturers and dealers how they are doing.

We have tried to make the survey as easy as possible to fill in and I'm sorry if you've had a few problems with it. We can't make alterations to it now as it will invalidate the data we get from it, but thank you very much to everyone who has filled it in – and we hope many more do.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The survey is in conjunction with Club Care Insurance so I assume the insurance details are used by them to try and sell you insurance. The survey does need to be financed so I assume they help.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Out of interest Surfer, what is your caravan?

Just a reminder that ONLY caravans purchased SINCE 01.01.2013 are included in the survey, whether new or used.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
NigelHutson said:
Out of interest Surfer, what is your caravan?

Just a reminder that ONLY caravans purchased SINCE 01.01.2013 are included in the survey, whether new or used.

Hi Surfer. As Nigel says, it needs be a caravan purchased after 1 January 2013, but if you can tell me what it is and what the dealer is, I can see if we can amend the survey without affecting the data we take from it.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Buccaneer from Wiltshire caravans Westbury. Strangely enough PC have a write up on the model of caravan that they never included in the survey.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Surfer said:
Buccaneer from Wiltshire caravans Westbury. Strangely enough PC have a write up on the model of caravan that they never included in the survey.

Thanks for the reply. Is that a Clipper, a Cruiser or a Caravel?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The survey does give you the statistics on the manufacturers performance which is useful. A pity the CC could not do the same with their survey which seems to have been a complete waste of money for the information they have produced. It appears the magazine has more guts than the club.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts