Pride Apex mobility scooter ball bearing

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Cheap as chips especially if they collect and return. Too cheap in fact.

I bought mine 2nd hand. About 18 months old. I have the receipts, there was a 1 year service and a pre sale service. Both cost £65. I have zero faith in them as there is so little to service that cannot be covered by common sense. However, most people who use them cannot do their own even if they want to. So they are a captive punter.

Despite my scooter having had two services, the safety casters had not been mounted properly from new. How could they miss that.

I know I tend to be cynical and untrusting regarding any servicing. But once (or more) bitten!!!

John
Hi John I brought my latest TGA Mystere Mobility Scooter from them and seeing my other scooter was going they are doing take that for a service as well but that one is bit more but with me not to well at present i thought i would get them both done .

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In all the years I have had a mobility scooter, I have neve found a need to service any of them and it was not a requirement either as nothing to service.
When i come to sell a mobility scooter guess what someone ask has it been service and i have the proof i keep paperwork from when i get it, but that my choice

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We find the NT a great asset to our overall fun whilst touring.
Over the last seven weeks we have visited some wonderful places that otherwise would not be opened to the likes of us. The gardens are a wonder including seeing apple trees of 1674 vintage? What is there to dislike. Even the tea rooms are not all bad . Our annual ticket has paid for itself many times over this year. Use it or lose it!

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Over the last seven weeks we have visited some wonderful places that otherwise would not be opened to the likes of us. The gardens are a wonder including seeing apple trees of 1674 vintage? What is there to dislike. Even the tea rooms are not all bad . Our annual ticket has paid for itself many times over this year. Use it or lose it!
We had NT membership for a year as we wanted to go on a landing trip to the Farne Islands - we joined Scottish NT as it was cheaper than England, and took advantage of their reciprocal arrangement - and visited a couple of other NT properties during the year.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We had NT membership for a year as we wanted to go on a landing trip to the Farne Islands - we joined Scottish NT as it was cheaper than England, and took advantage of their reciprocal arrangement - and visited a couple of other NT properties during the year.
I believe New Zealand membership is even cheaper and with a reciprocal agreement. But we are happy paying English rates as it is great value for money.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have EH membership so can park at Avebury without charge. It also gives us access to the Welsh and Scottish sites. A particularly good value membership is Westonbirt National Arboretum which also gives access to Batsford Arboretum and many RHS sites. Now we have a new pooch we will be rejoining Westonbirt.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
After 6-7 years of paying NT membership fees we decided due to health issues we could no longer continue, It was worth while but with changes in our circumstances it no longer met our requirements, For families and younger people it is a good one to join and experience the many places you can visit,

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We have EH membership so can park at Avebury without charge. It also gives us access to the Welsh and Scottish sites. A particularly good value membership is Westonbirt National Arboretum which also gives access to Batsford Arboretum and many RHS sites. Now we have a new pooch we will be rejoining Westonbirt.
We have not been to Westonbirt for a couple of years, read your post. might go next week. Just read they do free mobility scooters. Happy days.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have not been to Westonbirt for a couple of years, read your post. might go next week. Just read they do free mobility scooters. Happy days.

John
Well worth it at any time of the year. There’s also a small shuttle road train to help those who find the full walk to and from the formal part of the Arboretum difficult. The Silk Wood now has more improved accessible routes able to be used with a mobility scooter.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Both mobility scooters have been picked up he doing a service on the TGA and the Pride Apex Rapid and he checking to see what the squeaking is on the left back wheel ? and he said the batteries should need replacing i said already put these on SLK 12v 22ah he was not impressed probably because i am not paying (£150) dealer prices

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Both mobility scooters have been picked up he doing a service on the TGA and the Pride Apex Rapid and he checking to see what the squeaking is on the left back wheel ? and he said the batteries should need replacing i said already put these on SLK 12v 22ah he was not impressed probably because i am not paying (£150) dealer prices
Seems quite normal for most types of servicing to me. What easy hit can we get on the punter?

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
While we were members we enjoyed the facilities offered and thought it was great, but now with mobility issues no longer value for money for us .

We do enjoy visiting old Roman ruins, but then you have to join another trust for that purpose as sites of interest are all managed by different trusts making it very expensive to join all the trusts. over the years I think we have been members of different trusts depending on the area visited. Now it is simply cheaper to pay the normal entrance fee when you come across one that you would like to visit.

It must also be remembered that we are being dragged around by a pooch and the pooch needs to take into consideration whether they are allowed in or not. Sadly it is generally not.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
With us going to wales next year would not mind joining EH membership seeing you get some great places to visit

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You can use your English Heritage membership at Cadw and the Historic Scotland sites.
Thanks, I was not aware of that. I don't think that that was the case last time I looked.

"WALES
Enjoy half price admission during your first year - and free entry after your first renewal - to historic places protected by Cadw."

So Beachball will still need to consider best options.

John

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve often wondered why EH and NT both have their HOs in Swindon Wiltshire🤔🤔.
NT suits us better overall at the moment. The properties are more numerous , larger and tend to include magnificent gardens etc.
EH comes over as a more rustic experience with old monuments ,stones and smaller buildings with little or no gardens.
As BB says everyone to their own

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I’ve often wondered why EH and NT both have their HOs in Swindon Wiltshire🤔🤔.
NT suits us better overall at the moment. The properties are more numerous , larger and tend to include magnificent gardens etc.
EH comes over as a more rustic experience with old monuments ,stones and smaller buildings with little or no gardens.
As BB says everyone to their own
NT was fundamentally set-up to hold the properties given to Inland Revenue (now HMRC) in lieu of death duties - while EH is the successor (in England) to the Ministry of Ancient Monuments which cared for antiquities.

Both have morphed out of all recognition from their original function.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I was not aware of that. I don't think that that was the case last time I looked.

"WALES
Enjoy half price admission during your first year - and free entry after your first renewal - to historic places protected by Cadw."

So Beachball will still need to consider best options.

John
Hi John we have booked with Airbnb and stopping near Lake Bala for a week in a cottage and we are going to explore the area.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Both mobility scooters have had a full service the Pride apex rapid now got a new ball bearing and they have lubricated them where it is needed .
My wife check them both out before the dealer went just to make sure .

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Wanted a mobility scooter cape for all of this wet weather came back with a brand new Pride Go Go Sport so have now part exchange my Pride Apex Rapid .

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Not knocking these scooters as I know a lot of people depend on them, but when my daughter comes to visit and sees me on my ride on mower she will ask, " are you practicing for the day you get a mobility scooter " just hope that day is not in the near future!

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts