Pride Apex mobility scooter ball bearing

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Joking aside, Mrs H, has COPD, a breathing problem, borrowed a mobility buggy when she had a bad back, a week later bought her a Pride rapid, from E bay for £350, 6 months ago bought her another one , a CareCo Titan, £380 , more stable longer range, thankfully I can still get it into the Sante Fe, if I take the batteries out. Not as easy to fit in the car as the rapid, but horses for courses.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Joking aside, Mrs H, has COPD, a breathing problem, borrowed a mobility buggy when she had a bad back, a week later bought her a Pride rapid, from E bay for £350, 6 months ago bought her another one , a CareCo Titan, £380 , more stable longer range, thankfully I can still get it into the Sante Fe, if I take the batteries out. Not as easy to fit in the car as the rapid, but horses for courses.

Previously I have bought mobility scooters, but the batteries were always an issue whether LA, AGM or Lithium. The Lithium batteries were the worse because if you forgot to unplug them when they were charged up, that was the end of the battery. Not sure if things have improved latterly, but it put me off buying another mobility scooter.

At one point we did have a very expensive fold up mobility scooter with a lithium battery and it was great for getting it in and out of the car, however within the first six months the lithium battery packed in on 3 different occasions and eventually the technician admitted they were having issues with the batteries that were coming from the Far East. We got a full refund.

The big problem is that during the winter it hardly gets used, during the summer almost the same unless we go away. Living in a rural environment which is our choice not much chance to get out and about however if I could find a decent mobility scooter that uses a lithium battery that can be left on charge 24/7 like my other lithium batteries I would purchase another fold up mobility scooter.

TRENDING THREADS