Primus 2490 Heating/Boiler Advice

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,
Recently purchased our first caravan, an Elddis Nobility Count 1994 to see if we both enjoy the experience, which I`m sure we will. The van is generally in very good condition and with a little TLC we are now in a position where our first trip is fast approaching!!
However, being new to the whole caravanning game I would like to hopefully obtain some information off you experienced guys out there with regards to the vans heating/boiler sytem.
Please excuse my ignorance here and humour me if the questions I`m asking are stupid :)
The heating is via a Primus wet system and 2490 boiler with in-line emersion heater and Indirect cylinder. My questions are:-
(i) The boiler does not appear to have been connected to the gas supply by the previous owners, does this mean that they were running the central heating purely from the immersion heater, or should the gas connection be established to enable the system to function correctly?
(ii) Does the central heating need to be operational in-order for the domestic hot water to warm up or is there a separate heating element in the indirect cylinder? If this is the case how do I just get this to operate?
(iii) I have been unable to operate the central heating yet as the fins on the 12v circulation pump are broken, which leads me to another question – does anyone know of where I can obtain a replacement body (Alde part number 714951) as I don`t really want to pay £150 for a new pump? Or, can the pump be replaced with a more “cost effective” model?
Again, I`m sorry if the questions asked are “daft” but any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your half right there Sproket but not me directly.... Bernard is his name so Andrew text me on 07901 544431 and I'll give you his number

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts