Privacy Room versus Awning

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
That’s a neat piece of design by Fiamma to enable a porch to be integrated into the built in channel. Good thinking.
Although I would guess the design thinking was to hang their Sun Blockers and Privacy Rooms front panels from it! Their storm straps also clip into it. Worth noting that it's a 4mm channel so you might need a Kadar 6-4 converter although a number of awnings now come with both 4mm and 6mm beads

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Beachball. I had it installed by my dealer (White Arches in Northampton), along with the ATC, when I bought the caravan. The workshop manager had a look and agreed that it could be done - apparently not all caravans are suitable. They were able to install a 4 metre long Fiamma awning, which gives me the choice of just having the awning and a windbreak or putting up the Kampa Porch Awning I've just bought. The Fiamma has a built in awning channel which the Kampa will slot into.

Other options are still open for the future such as buying their Privacy Room or buying a larger awning up to the 4 metres (the porch awning I've bought is only 2.6 metres)

I've managed to squeeze in about 40 nights since July and have been very satisfied with the Fiamma awning on its own. The only reason that I bought the Porch was for wet wellies in the winter.

I believe that the F45s can be installed DIY but I preferred the dealer installation for the warranty.

Hope this helps
Dave
Hi Dave Thanks for the information about the Fiamma has a built in awning channel Excellent thinking .

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
A follow-up.
The Kampa awning I used was a single airbeam porch model, which uses the tension in the front guys to tension the awning roof. If the awning was fixed directly to the caravan rail there would be no problem, but because I had it attached to the Fiamma the tension started to pull the Fiamma awning out. The side opposite the winding handle was the worst, pulling the Fiamma about six inches out from its casing and needing manual assistance to wind it back in.
I think a poled awning would probably work better than an airbeam because the whole weight of the airbeam awning is suspended from the closed Fiamma, which isn't really designed for it. Something I hadn't really considered when I bought the airbeam.
Have now given up with the Kampa airbeam and purchased a Fiamma Privacy Room for next year, on the basis that the privacy room and the Fiamma awning are designed to work together.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A follow-up.
The Kampa awning I used was a single airbeam porch model, which uses the tension in the front guys to tension the awning roof. If the awning was fixed directly to the caravan rail there would be no problem, but because I had it attached to the Fiamma the tension started to pull the Fiamma awning out. The side opposite the winding handle was the worst, pulling the Fiamma about six inches out from its casing and needing manual assistance to wind it back in.
I think a poled awning would probably work better than an airbeam because the whole weight of the airbeam awning is suspended from the closed Fiamma, which isn't really designed for it. Something I hadn't really considered when I bought the airbeam.
Have now given up with the Kampa airbeam and purchased a Fiamma Privacy Room for next year, on the basis that the privacy room and the Fiamma awning are designed to work together.
Thanks Sallys dad, we have a single beam Sunncamp air awning which doesn't need the front awning straps to keep the form.
Thanks for the good information, something to think about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts