Pro 4x4 petition

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was not aware until just now that the pro 4x4 petition website info was removed but the anti 4x4 website info retained.

If this was a deliberate act by the moderator then this is an incredable bias that does this Forum and Practical Caravan no service whatsoever.

the site is www.4x4prejudice.org

I would like the moderator to leave this posting in the interests of fairness.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
You've lost me!

The last 20 or so postings at the end of the

"Say "YES" to 4x4 tax" thread in the Our Website forum were deleted as most had degenerated into a slanging match.

There is no question of selective or biased editing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great - Many thanks for this.

The post was on an adjacent thread and with a quick scan I could not find the info.

Still cannot

But glad to be able to provide the info for those that want to look at it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you'll find it happened in the "Please sign this petition to get 4x4s off" started by Stinky_Pete, the first comment clearly references the anti 4x4 website whic is still there but you removed a later comment referencing a pro 4x4 website

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the moderator can be forgiven. Having to troll through that thread must have caused her/him to loose the will to carry on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the moderator can be forgiven. Having to troll through that thread must have caused her/him to loose the will to carry on.
Come on Clive say please if you want the moderator to do something. You seem very confrontational to her/him. You are getting the service at no cost so perhaps some good manners could be used.

PS in case you think I'm biased - I am towards the moderator. I did though think I was on your side in the 'debate'.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Having been caravanning for over twenty years and also towed trailers with 4x4 right upto the max 3500Kgs for the Diahatsu F70's I used, I think we should all agree the car you use is down to personal choice.

I use a Laguna estate to tow my twin axle van because I don't need a 4X4 as I go on sites that are we'll built. But if I was using certified locations or basic sites then a 4X4 would be a damned usefull tool.

By the same token I use an old (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry if I have offended you.

a)Being a businessman who used to www to transact each and every day we do not tend to use letter type greetings etc.

b)To be fair most forums tend to do the same but I am all for being polite

Point taken tho'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray - just checked my postings - whilst I have not said please this is explained in previous responce - however I do say "Thank you" and can hardly see where I am confrontational?

So sorry mate - can not agree with your analysis which I think must have been from just the one post where the moderator HAD removed an important posting as identified by Mathew.

The mod. explained and all is ok - or so I thought. I don't think the situation needs you poking a stick at it? I see this as being more confrontational than what I have said!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts