Problem with Bradcot Awning

May 10, 2005
Visit site
When I came to take my awning down on Sunday I could not collapse the centre pole. (Easy alloy system poles) I kept pressing the button but it seemed stuck. On closer inspection I noticed that the pole was slightly bent. I have absoluately no idea how this happend, but there it is. I bought the awning from a dealer at Caravan & Boat show at the NEC in Feb 04. I registered the awning with Bradcot. I have phoned my local Bradcot dealer who tells me I need to contact Bradcot direct.

Problem is I've tried that and don't seem to be able to get a reply (2 voice mail messages and two emails sent already)

I need either a new pole or repair (whichever is the cheapest). I'm away this weekend (Fri-Sun) and then again for two weeks on 6th August so would like to sort this asap.

Any ideas?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi Trisha

The same thing happened to us earlier in the year! they will not replace them under the guarantee and you have to buy a new one but we did get one pretty quickly. i agree their phone system is not that efficient but they will get back to you eventually otherwise keep trying or phone the main office or sales that usually gets a response if they thing you want to buy something!!

Good luck

Caroline

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caroline,

I've left messages on both the customer service (main phone number of web site) and the 0800 number + 2 emails. If I have to buy another that's fine, I'd just like it sorted before I go away for my two week break. I'll keep trying.

May 10, 2005
Visit site
I must admit I was very dissapointed at the lack of response from customer service when I rang on Monday and Tuesday, but yesterday afternoon I receieved a phone call and apology for the lack of response (it seems this was due to illness). Anyway the upshot is, they said they'd send me a new pole and guess what.....? It's arrived already. Excellent stuff....I'm a happy bunny now. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts