Problems with whale water supply

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
Problems with Whale water supply.
I have a 2013 Bailey Pegasus GT 65 Verona and on our most recent trip away have experienced problems with water supply.

On initial setup, the high supply submersible pump ran okay and initially water came out of the tap but quickly diminished to just a trickle. I suspected an airlock and went through the usual procedure however the problem did not resolve. I left it for several hours and the fault just seemed to sort itself out and the water flow was okay.

The next day, when I refreshed water containers the same fault returned and has been habitual for the last four days on each time I have refreshed container.

I had changed the leisure battery prior to this trip as the previous battery was not holding charge. The battery was a like-for-like swap. In trying to fault find the water supply issue I read that Whale submersible pumps can be very susceptible to changes in voltage level and wonder if this may be the problem.
I have looked at the pressure switch and have reviewed the setting. It had been clicking quite regularly when the tap was switched off.
I have checked the pump with hose off and it appears to be functioning properly.
If the water supply issue is merely down to a change in leisure battery then it appears that the Whale water system is highly temperamental.
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I agree with Brasso as I had the same problem with my elddis. Carefully remove the screw ends of the tap and there are several gauze and or plastic filters within so take a note of the order so you can refit them easily. You can rinse them through with water or blow through them. Can be an indication that the inline water filter needs replacing (about £25.00 and usually located on the cold supply near the inlet.)

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
As well as the tap end filter aerator things, I had a similar problem with mine which also caused the pump to run on with the taps closed. When I change the water I guess I get a bit of an air lock in the pump itself. For me, all I do is disconnect the pump from the socket in the van while holding it out of the water container, let it drain then put it all together again. Seem to get the problem about 50:50 when changing the water so now just do this every time and never get the trickle or running on.

If it's just one or two taps trickling, go for the gauze. If it's all of them, try draining the pump each time you take it out of the water container.

I also had a problem with a lack of water pressure when I left the drain tap open but suspect you've already checked that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts