Proof 4x4's are unsafe

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Report by the US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety

4x4 Safety shock

The occupants of a 4x4 are more likely to be killed in a crash with a smaller car than the occupants of the car, according to a report from the US, home of the SUV.

The report by the US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says that in a two-vehicle crash with a smaller car, the occupants of the SUV are more likely to be killed than are the people in the car.

The report is based on a study of US highway traffic fatalities during 2002 and 2003 involving vehicles made from 1999 through 2002.

Seven percent of the people who were killed in two-vehicle SUV-car crashes died in cars, but 10% of the fatalities occurred in the SUVs.

Feeling safe now are we?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Again this is USA data and a lot of US SUV's are little more than old trucks with a cabin. They are also set up for US driving style which in the main is long straight roads.

You asked me for data on UK/EU cars Kanga - I admit to failing to getting any data despite a good search. You purport to have this data.

I think we are all still waiting.

Finally, I think a 10% risk as oppossed to a 7% risk is well worth it for the absolute pleasure of driving my (on hire from Avis) Jeep Grand Cherokee on those long drives.

All that leather - aircon - Man whata way to go!!

I am booking my holiday now Kanga! - The relative strength of the

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
sure as hell I am, you pillock,fed-up trainspotting are we?, or are you needing a new anorak, TWAT!.
By Jove Geordie - steady on old chap - treat poor Knaga with a bit of care - he's had a bad couple of days. Totally out manouvred with proper UK/EU data not old worn out US stuff that does not apply as US vehicles are totally dif to ours.

Totally absolutely agree with you 100% in all other respects tho'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Again this is USA data and a lot of US SUV's are little more than old trucks with a cabin. They are also set up for US driving style which in the main is long straight roads.

You asked me for data on UK/EU cars Kanga - I admit to failing to getting any data despite a good search. You purport to have this data.

Finally, I think a 10% risk as oppossed to a 7% risk is well worth it for the absolute pleasure of driving my (on hire from Avis) Jeep Grand Cherokee on those long drives.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
sure as hell I am, you pillock,fed-up trainspotting are we?, or are you needing a new anorak, TWAT!.
Hiya Geordie, nice to see you back. You seem to be in the same frame of mind as me......fed up to the back teeth with all the rubbish that's being spouted on here. It's gone beyond a joke, and just degenerated into a pointless slanging match.

Barney.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts