Pugeot 4007

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi there I'm a proud KIA sorrento owner & love it as a tow car! I'm just in the middle of changing vehicle & was going to go for the brand new look Sorrento. However I've just been offered an amazing deal on a new pugeot 4007 don't know much about the brand or the car? Can anyone offer any advice for or against this car. Does it tow well or should I stick with the trustee KIA & 7yr warrantee

heeeellllllp please

Michael

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
The car is built by Mitsubishi and they are very well equipped with a 2.2 Diesel whicj same power in your present Kia,but quieter and smoother.

If the deals really good and you like and are happy with the car then go for it you wont be disapointed.

Peugeot make some nice cars and quality is pretty good , lots of French cars on the road so they all cant be c**p.

The 100k 7 year warranty sounds great but beware of the fair wear and tear policy its not as rosy as it sounds?

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
If you love it stay with it 100k warranty or 7 years, stay away from French crap okay its a Mitsibushi but why go away from brand you like.

Ian
Thanks for response confused now! Are they really crap! They look lovely

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
The car is built by Mitsubishi and they are very well equipped with a 2.2 Diesel whicj same power in your present Kia,but quieter and smoother.

If the deals really good and you like and are happy with the car then go for it you wont be disapointed.

Peugeot make some nice cars and quality is pretty good , lots of French cars on the road so they all cant be c**p.

The 100k 7 year warranty sounds great but beware of the fair wear and tear policy its not as rosy as it sounds?
Many thanks! Yep it's a great deal

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We have a 09 plate 4007 that we got 3 weeks ago. We have done over 2000 miles in it and the engine is really smooth. Handling is good and I am pleased with the ride (our's even has optional 19" wheels).

There is plenty of space inside (not quite as much as a Santa Fe, but it is cheaper!!).

I have not towed with it yet, but the credentials are all there. PC mag have the Mitsubishi model (with the 2.2 engine) and had no problems towing a big single axle van down to Somerset.

You can buy a lot of warranties with the

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
i don't think there is a bad car any more, the japanese now have been more or less caught up now by the europeans. My xtrail has a renault engine, which so far is faultless, which can't be said for the nissan engine i had in my last one. The french are or were the market leaders when it comes to diesel engines, even the germans are playing catch up.

The renault engine in the xtrail revs like a petrol version, but with only 2litres lacks the low down torque of the previous 2.2, so i would be quite happy to buy a 2.2, albeit a peugeot

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Try a test drive in the new Sorento before making your choice. it is so diferent from the old model, and the 193bhp engine is a real treat. Yes the 7 year warranty does have some conditions but its still better than a 3 year one. Also Kia are keen to do a deal as they are geting the message that the list price of the new Sorento is pitched too high. Try MK Kia.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
No catch Michael,dealers work in 1/4's so its coming to the end of the first one so manufacture's incentive are quite high,for example if they sell 25 4007's in this 1/4 they get a incentive of a quite few thousand from the manufacturer hence in their interest to sll them,always best to buy a car at the end of the 1/4.

Kia will be reluctant to reduce the price of the Sorento as this will immediately affect resisduals which on a new car is not want they want,dont get me wrong it is a good car but not 6k more.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
No catch Michael,dealers work in 1/4's so its coming to the end of the first one so manufacture's incentive are quite high,for example if they sell 25 4007's in this 1/4 they get a incentive of a quite few thousand from the manufacturer hence in their interest to sll them,always best to buy a car at the end of the 1/4.

Kia will be reluctant to reduce the price of the Sorento as this will immediately affect resisduals which on a new car is not want they want,dont get me wrong it is a good car but not 6k more.
Cheers mikey Thanks for the heads up on 1/4 sales etc.. Gonna make decision tomorrow! And what's just been posted is that I van buy a lot of warrantee for 6K

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Cheers mikey Thanks for the heads up on 1/4 sales etc.. Gonna make decision tomorrow! And what's just been posted is that I van buy a lot of warrantee for 6K
That should read 'Can Buy' all the confusions bringing on me dyslexia!!

Still it means never having to say " I'm syrro"

LOL

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
We have a 09 plate 4007 that we got 3 weeks ago. We have done over 2000 miles in it and the engine is really smooth. Handling is good and I am pleased with the ride (our's even has optional 19" wheels).

There is plenty of space inside (not quite as much as a Santa Fe, but it is cheaper!!).

I have not towed with it yet, but the credentials are all there. PC mag have the Mitsubishi model (with the 2.2 engine) and had no problems towing a big single axle van down to Somerset.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
i don't think there is a bad car any more, the japanese now have been more or less caught up now by the europeans. My xtrail has a renault engine, which so far is faultless, which can't be said for the nissan engine i had in my last one. The french are or were the market leaders when it comes to diesel engines, even the germans are playing catch up.

The renault engine in the xtrail revs like a petrol version, but with only 2litres lacks the low down torque of the previous 2.2, so i would be quite happy to buy a 2.2, albeit a peugeot
Cheers for advice

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Try a test drive in the new Sorento before making your choice. it is so diferent from the old model, and the 193bhp engine is a real treat. Yes the 7 year warranty does have some conditions but its still better than a 3 year one. Also Kia are keen to do a deal as they are geting the message that the list price of the new Sorento is pitched too high. Try MK Kia.
Cannot get much off the KIA at all in terms of s deal! Yes I agree loved the test drive but the 4007 was a nice ride too! Truth will be in the telling when the can is hooked up on our forthcoming European trip!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
The main thing Michael is that you have to like the car and find it comfortable plus it ticks all your requirement boxes if it does you will know you have made the correct desision be it the Peugeot or the Kia

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Michael you can take out an extended warranty directly with Peugeot so when the 3 yrs expire this will kick in.

Might be worth trying to negociate this in saying your interested in the Kia as they offer 7 years?

You never know?

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

Well alas I bought the puegeot! Had to agree with dealer for

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Hoping to do a test tow in our 4007 soon, first big trip (from Kent to Staffordshire) over Easter so quick check to see everything is OK.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hoping to do a test tow in our 4007 soon, first big trip (from Kent to Staffordshire) over Easter so quick check to see everything is OK.
Hi there

Will check in to see how your tow test goes. Getting mine in 10days time. My first tow trip will be to Barcelona in April. I'm sure the pyrenees will let me know if it's a suitable tow car. What van are you towing? Is it a caravan or some other sort of trailer? I have a Luner Lexon SE maximum laden weight is 1437. This works out at approx 78% of the towing weight so is a really good match! Fingers crossed

:)-)

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry all just visually spell checked my response the other day! it should have read 'At Last' not 'Alas'(I've no regrets whatsoever! I'm very happy with the decision/purchase) Also I realise too this it's a 'Peugeot' Not a pugeot! pergeot! or a puegeot! or whatever other way I appeared to have been spelling it.

Too many vino's

LOL

Michael

Cheers to all for your advice

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We have a 1482kg mtplm Pageant S7 at the moment, but we are getting a 1480kg mtplm Pegasus in May.

I did our first test tow yesterday and it was brilliant. The removable towbar is so easy to fit and we did a little tow around Essex to see what it was like.

The car was built to tow, it was so assured. You really do have to check the mirrors to remember you are towing. I put the car in 4wd mode and it really helped. There was not a hint of scrabble even under hard acceleration. The low down torque made for relaxed towing.

The mirrors are slightly bigger than normal car ones, so we had to get some different ones to the strap on ones we had. We now have Milenco Aero Towing Mirrors which fit really well.

I'll report back after our extended tow to Staffordshire over Easter.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
We have a 1482kg mtplm Pageant S7 at the moment, but we are getting a 1480kg mtplm Pegasus in May.

I did our first test tow yesterday and it was brilliant. The removable towbar is so easy to fit and we did a little tow around Essex to see what it was like.

The car was built to tow, it was so assured. You really do have to check the mirrors to remember you are towing. I put the car in 4wd mode and it really helped. There was not a hint of scrabble even under hard acceleration. The low down torque made for relaxed towing.

The mirrors are slightly bigger than normal car ones, so we had to get some different ones to the strap on ones we had. We now have Milenco Aero Towing Mirrors which fit really well.

I'll report back after our extended tow to Staffordshire over Easter.
That's brillaint news. Getting mine Tuesday so going to give it a trial tow to Chester which is only 40mins away! Glad it towed well and glad the removable towbar was no trouble. That has been worrying me a tiny bit. I'll look forward to your Staffordshire tow test. Hope you have a good Easter trip

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts