Pyramid Mega Porch Awning

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Recwived a new Porch Awning and today, Sunday, tried to erect at home. Received a CD explaining the erection of an awning that seemed OK together with two slightly varying plans regarding the pole connections.

First problem, there were 2 poles marked OO with a plastic hook on the end and a further two poles also marked OO with clamps and wing nut on the end, The pole layout plan indicated the use of only 2 poles marked OO. that was the first problem but then we decided to connect awning to the van and take it from there.

Second problem, the CD, actually only for a full awning, not a porch seemed to show pads protecting the van from the pole ends. Completely lost on this one, how do the poles not damage the van, with this porch awning there is nothing? Any ideas Janet

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet

Regarding your first problem:

The poles with the plastic hook on the end are the two vertical poles which support the mega porch immediately against the caravan. You need these for a porch because the sides don't attach to an awning rail as they do in a full awning. The plastic hooks clip over the two outer roof support poles.

Each of poles with wing nuts is for horizontal attachment to one of the above mentioned poles and one of the outer corner poles, about 3 feet off the ground. The idea is that when you have the sides in, in hot weather you can open the sides from the top downwards and fold them over this horizontal pole for support, leaving the bottom half in place.

Regarding your second problem:

You should have three round pads, each with a protruding section with a hole in it. The three horizontal roof support poles hook into these pads (you should have three roof poles, each with a metal hook at one end) which rest against the side of the 'van. The mega porch has a double beading round it - the outer beading threads in the awning rail, and the pads attach to the inner beading which holds them and the horizontal poles in place.

Hope you can follow all this - it's very difficult to explain it in writing without diagrams and photos etc. Let me know if you want me to try and improve on the explanations!!!

We have one of these awnings and are very satisfied with it for the price. It is quite robust in windy weather, especially if you use a tie down kit.

Hope that helps

Keith

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Keith

Your explanation was spot on, thanks. Found the mislaid pads and trial went well. Seems straight forward after a couple of go's.

Of little importance but what are the two sucker pads contained in the pack for?

Janet.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet

I don't know what the sucker pads are for either!!!

I have put the awning up on four occasions this year and haven't found a use for them!! They can't be very important!

Keith

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Have just read your post and was wondering if you had a draught skirt for round the bottom of the van. We have a pyramid orion awning with draught skirt and the suction pads were for attaching a short piece over the wheel arch.

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a Pyramid full awning - first time we erected it it took three men and my wife over two hours as the instructions were very difficult to follow. In the end we had 16 poles left over - never found out what they were for. When we sold the van we let the awning go with it even though it fitted the new van - very disappointed with it. Extra poles are in the garage somewhere as it is used as a glory holes store and not a garage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts