Quiet campsites - a recommendation

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I just posted in UK sites about people being noisy etc, and it made me remember the most peaceful site I have ever been on.

It is near Koblenz, in a place called Lahnstein. The site is at the top of a hill overlooking the Rhine and has excellent views. The excellent town swimming pool is about 5 minutes' walk away.

Every evening at 2100 the owner announced, over a PA system, that the playground was closed. (Der Kinderspielplatz ist geschlossen - I can remember it like it was yesterday). Then at 2130 he announced that it was now 2130, and there must be quiet on the campsite. And there was.

OK, very Carry On Camping, but it worked perfectly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't like camping PA, but it was only used at those two times each day. Contrast it with our last summer hol spent on a club site, when our kids were younger. It was pretty annoying that the bored teenagers tended to congregate at the play area and/or toilet block, and make a racket just around the time that people wanted to settle down for the night. I'm not talking about 2000 or anything - this was as late as 2200.

Younger children tended to leave the play area around dusk, and then the teenagers would arrive. Where were the parents? No idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts