Radio not working

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, there is no power going to my radio on my Buccaneer Caribbean 2006, does anybody know where the power is taken from, so I know where to look next. Thanks.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about your specific van, but it seems common practice to power radios direct from the 12v battery (note - can cause battery drain). There is likely to be an in-line fuse in the wiring behind the radio somewhere. Unfortunately you will need to trace the wiring by removing the radio and sometimes cupboard panels.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
It would be of use to know the make and model of radio?

Most modern radios use a multi-pin ISO connector and there is a small blade fuse in the edge of it. Having said that if this fuse is blown then the radio is likely faulty.

Per an earlier comment by another, to be compliant with wiring regs (which have been around for decades) the radio has to be switched off by the master switch. You will not find any UK made caravan built at least this century with any part of the radio connected direct to the battery. This can be a nuisance as it means the radio memory is not supported when the caravan power is off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts