Ramslade Caravan Club Site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of booking this site in June.Have been to the area before,but whats the site like since the C.Club have re-furbed it?

Also how is the access to the site with a twin axle van?.

Thanks

Roy

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Roy

Very smart as you'd expect. Plenty of large Hardstandings although when we used it last June we used a grass pitch on the Terraced gentle hill because you get better views.

The access road is fine untill you meet something commimng the other way, but we didn't have any probs with our 28' twin.

Fantastic toilet blocks.

Good area being so close to Torquay, Brixham and the wonderful south Hams including Totnes, Dartmouth and all the proper little villages off the beaten track.

We walked down to Stoke Gabriel which is a very pretty up market village on the Dart estuary. The 1st half mile has no footpath but once in the elongated village you get footpaths.

We did a good quality stage show at the Princess Theatre on the sea front at Torquay while we were there.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi the road to get to the site is very narrow and not great. some of the pitches dont fit a 26ft van and full awning. the road around the site is very narrow and when we turned to go onto the only pitch left we put the over hang of the wyoming into the grass verge and done done surface damage. i would go again. hillhead was easier to get to they put our van on with there tracktor.

have a look on ukcampsite to see what the review are.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi the road to get to the site is very narrow and not great. some of the pitches dont fit a 26ft van and full awning. the road around the site is very narrow and when we turned to go onto the only pitch left we put the over hang of the wyoming into the grass verge and done done surface damage. i would go again. hillhead was easier to get to they put our van on with there tracktor.

have a look on ukcampsite to see what the review are.

jo-anne
i meant i wouldnt go to that site again. we came back out after damaging the van. a lot of the pitches were out of bounds when we went.

i love the area and would stay at hillhead next time.

jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts