Readers rally 2017

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Anseo said:
Are there many (or any) haggisjocktartanmidge domiciled Woosies ?
Perhaps if there were enough they could have a 'local' meet.
Cheers.

As Keeper Of Records (KOR) I have looked back and found that RobTel is a Woosie member from Lanarkshire, but I notice in his postings that he doesn't admit he's a Woosie. :( . His Woosie title is Sir Rob T. You could have a Twosome. ;)

Hi WC,

I'm not a Woosie, can I become one?

Who knows, maybe more of us thistle grazers will sign up too :p

Would we be known as Jockwoosies, I'll get my coat :eek:hmy:

Cheers.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
Anseo said:
Are there many (or any) haggisjocktartanmidge domiciled Woosies ?
Perhaps if there were enough they could have a 'local' meet.
Cheers.

As Keeper Of Records (KOR) I have looked back and found that RobTel is a Woosie member from Lanarkshire, but I notice in his postings that he doesn't admit he's a Woosie. :( . His Woosie title is Sir Rob T. You could have a Twosome. ;)

Hi WC,

I'm not a Woosie, can I become one?

Who knows, maybe more of us thistle grazers will sign up too :p

Would we be known as Jockwoosies, I'll get my coat :eek:hmy:

Cheers.

Anseo, I'm a Woosie and proud of it :)

Pop in theWoosie Club thread and read the first couple of pages on how to become a Woosie it's not serious just a bit of fun, see you in there soon :woohoo:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Here is what has evolved over the years:

Woosie Membership

If anyone wishes to become a Knight or Dame of the Woosie Club Round Table please tell us some of your silly stories or pet dislikes about getting your hands dirty caravanning. No need to be lavatorial. Examples are:

Anyone who is scared of silly things like spiders, etc
Anyone who finds normal everyday chores repulsive
Anyone with initials/name that we find suitable
Anyone who runs around after their better half which is unnecessary
Anyone who gives silly remarks to others on this forum
Those who won’t sleep in their awning
Those who waste electricity heating the awning at 2kw just to keep the dog warm
Those who want a Chinese take-away delivered to their caravan door
A hot water bottle in the caravan with Alde central heating
Don't like getting muddy
Complain to the Wardens about the weather
Driven off with the jockey wheel still down or the rear steadies not wound up
Unhitched the van and driven away thereby breaking the breakaway cable
Used the toilet for 1s and 2s but forgotten to add the chemicals
Left SWMBO behind
Dropped the Thetford filler cap down the disposal point hole
Used the Thetford before the waste tank has been installed

You need to publicly declare some of your indiscretions and you will be proposed and seconded for membership. It will then be up to our King/Queen to bestow a knighthood on you, after choosing a suitable name.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Anseo -- get 'signed' up, -- before the 'wall' is rebuilt and you need a passport. --- (PS a 'Woosie' passport may suffice, will probably get you anywhere!)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Anseo -- get 'signed' up, -- before the 'wall' is rebuilt and you need a passport. --- (PS a 'Woosie' passport may suffice, will probably get you anywhere!)

:lol:

Cheers Gabsgrandad, I'll see if the Woosies will have me.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Anseo said:
Gabsgrandad said:

:lol:

Cheers Gabsgrandad, I'll see if the Woosies will have me.

Suggest you continue your application on the Woosie thread to save annoying others. ;) :( :lol:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Guess us mere forumites just dont get a rally. :(

If Practical Caravan management do decide to hold a readers rally for 2017 us 'mere forumites' will be among the first to know. :)
In the meantime this particular mere forumite goes along to the aforementioned Woosie meets (I hesitate to describe the well appointed and often discounted fee venues as rallies) to say hello and to share the odd tipple with a great bunch of people from all walks of life who enjoy caravanning, eating, drinking and making merry, but not necessarily in that order. You should try going along to one of the two planned for 2017, you'd enjoy it. ;)

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It would be such a shame if there were no more PC Rallies. I notice Stowford have Dubfest in our usual slot, so guess we've had it for this year!
I've only been to one Woosie Rally, but it was fabulous. Unfortunately due to work/school commitments it's not always poss, but we do try!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just received Stowfords magazine. They have seven special weekends this year none of which are PCv.
Looks like another non event year!! :(

The two Woosiefests are available and if anyone wishes to join a great group of caravanners please see the Woosie section on here. :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to jump to conclusions but if Practical Caravan were thinking and holding a readers rally it won't be at Stowford by the look of things.
Many of us are currently planning this years trips, some decide much earlier when the CC booking website opens so even if PCv did hold a rally they will have lost some potential rally goers already.
It's the springtime Woosiefest for us B)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Spring time at Wallingford and September at Stratford on Avon, Woosiefests.
Come on the non Woosies, the more folk the merrier. As someone said, before Christmas meeting up with friends just don't know whho they are yet.
Hutch.

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
As a 'non-woosie' and relatively recent forum member (though if it's tales of my own stupidity you want, I have plenty), please tell me more.

Which dates in September for Stratford (will probably struggle to make anything in spring)? Is this a group booking or do people book with the sites individually?

Please feel free to direct me to another thread that I may have missed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
On page 464of the Woosie Club thread is the list

WoodlandsCamper said:
With all this talk of Woosie Fests are there any more takers?? Sir Haggis, now is your chance. :lol:

ATTENDEESPRING NOTESAUTUMNNOTES
WallingfordStratford-O-A
King GafferbillYesApr 28 - May 8Yes
Sir DustydogYesYes
Lady MelNoYes
ParksyYesApr 28 - May 5probably no
Sir GabYesNot BHsYesAfter 6 Sep
Sir Were-RabbitYesApr 27 - May 1 or 2Yes
Sir WCYesApr 28 - May 2Yes
Sir Outnumbered 4:1NoYesThu-Mon
Dame CrazyguiderNoYesPossibly
Sir Gagakevtbdtbd

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a long way off Martin, but we go away a lot in August and hope to visit the Weymouth or Swanage area in September. I wouldn't want to make commitments that I may not be able to keep :)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Parksy.........hang a right at Junction 9 of the M5 on the way home from Weymouth.
Follow the A46/B439 to Stratford upon Avon .....we could juggle the dates ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Parksy.........hang a right at Junction 9 of the M5 on the way home from Weymouth.
Follow the A46/B439 to Stratford upon Avon .....we could juggle the dates ;)

If it's possible for us to be there we will, but it's hard to make firm commitments so far in advance :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts