Ready to roll๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My wife has just renewed her annual travel insurance that covers EuropeTurkey and Egypt as well as booked holidays in UK. It is the LV Premium policy at ยฃ124 for up to 90 days abroad. So it covers her forthcoming trip to the Highlands, a booking for a large 4 bedroom forest lodge in 2022 and 10 days in Rhodes next year, a holiday deferred from 2020 and 2021.

The EH1C still gives the cover it has always done, but we have always taken out separate travel insurance as the EH1C didnโ€™t cover things like repatriation, death abroad, air ambulance back to UK etc, cancelled boookings, baggage, flight delays etc.
Clive, So since Brexit the EU will still offer us their equivalent of our NHS. Correct me but I thought some EU countries only provide medical care leaving nursing, feeding , bathing etc to the family. At least with travel insurance there are more options but donโ€™t most say you must use the State doctors hospitals before private ones?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ours run out six years ago but i am only allowed short trips abroad 4hrs is maximum and then the over 60"s travel insurance and that not cheap
When it safe me and wife would love to go to Malta
4 hrs rules out most practicable visits abroad apart from a Calais booze run. Malta doesnโ€™t look to be in prospect any time soon then.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Clive, So since Brexit the EU will still offer us their equivalent of our NHS. Correct me but I thought some EU countries only provide medical care leaving nursing, feeding , bathing etc to the family. At least with travel insurance there are more options but donโ€™t most say you must use the State doctors hospitals before private ones?
The EH1C and itโ€™s new UK version enable you to get treatment as normally provided specific to each countries healthcare system as provided to its citizens. Nothing has changed in its scope. In some EU countries citizens have to pay for treatment in full or in part. Their citizens then reclaim some or all of their costs via specific state or private health insurance schemes.

My late fathers partner used her EH1C in Spain when she suffered extreme back pains. The care at the state hospital over 2 weeks was excellent as were the range of diagnostic scans and tests. Fortunately she recovered sufficiently to be able to fly home on the scheduled flight. Had she not been well enough then she would have had to resort to her travel insurance. Itโ€™s true that most travel policies require you to initially access a state hospital if circumstances permit. But if you access a private hospital they are unlikely to treat you until your insurer confirms the authority for treatment. Hopefully whilst your heart attack is progressing someone makes the correct call on your behalf.

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're currently on a very quiet certified site just outside Bedford.
There's only us and a small motorhome on here, so we're all set for a few days peace and quiet before we go on to a music festival on Thursday.

Reactions: Hutch and Kevin M
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There's only us and a small motorhome on here, so we're all set for a few days peace and quiet before we go on to a music festival on Thursday.
Hi Parksy have a great time you two and enjoy the festival :)

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Flower power still rules Steve๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒžEnjoy. Just resting now after another full on day with Grand daughters. Where do they get their energy from๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Flower power still rules Steve๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒžEnjoy. Just resting now after another full on day with Grand daughters. Where do they get their energy from๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Our music festival hasn't caught up with flower power yet DD.
It's big band swing, rock & roll and a few French gypsy jazz acts to provide a bit of variety.
I wish I could have brought my granddaughter along, she'd have enjoyed the dancing and she's great at fetching water ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our music festival hasn't caught up with flower power yet DD.
It's big band swing, rock & roll and a few French gypsy jazz acts to provide a bit of variety.
I wish I could have brought my granddaughter along, she'd have enjoyed the dancing and she's great at fetching water ๐Ÿ˜Š
Sorry about the rain today for you, I will give you a call to maybe meet up, before you go to Twinwoods. ๐Ÿ˜€

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about the rain today for you, I will give you a call to maybe meet up, before you go to Twinwoods. ๐Ÿ˜€
We were set up when the rain started Hutch.
It lulled us both to sleep for a nice afternoon nap before we went out later.
Give me a shout if you're coming over, but we're only here until Wednesday night.
Off first thing on Thursday ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were set up when the rain started Hutch.
It lulled us both to sleep for a nice afternoon nap before we went out later.
Give me a shout if you're coming over, but we're only here until Wednesday night.
Off first thing on Thursday ๐Ÿ˜Š
, I hope the weather improves for you two at Twinwood

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
No rain in Weymouth. ...very sunny even went swimming in the bay which was like a millpond!
Central area rammed with people so best avoided!
Looks like Twinwood should be dry for you Parksy.
Thanks Bill.
We're going to Weymouth on 4th September so I hope that the weather holds. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have done a deal with Gagakev to have good weather for Parksy at Twindwoods for at least the weekend.
You are ALL safe this bank holiday, I cant go any where, dog sitting for son and got daughters teenage son to look after.

Oh just a quite word though, it may be a differant story if you are in Devon :LOL: :LOL:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You are ALL safe this bank holiday, I cant go any where, dog sitting for son and got daughters teenage son to look after.

Oh just a quite word though, it may be a differant story if you are in Devon :LOL: :LOL:
We are similar, dog sitting all month, just got rid of one, Youngest sons two then God daughters one, then At the start of the month we are starting the Caravanning trips. Winter trips this year, great hopefully snow, that way no mud.

Reactions: Gagakev
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife, daughter and granddaughter leave for the Highlands tomorrow, a holiday deferred from last year. In between some decorating I am looking after my dogs, daughters two giant French lop rabbits and Syrian hamster. Will accumulate 4 miles per day as the rabbits need attending three times a day, plus dog walks too. Hopefully I can grab a few days camping after the family arrive back, and before we go to mid Wales in mid September. My father had 36 years of unfettered retirement, grand children were anathema to him.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We are similar, dog sitting all month, just got rid of one, Youngest sons two then God daughters one, then At the start of the month we are starting the Caravanning trips. Winter trips this year, great hopefully snow, that way no mud.
Told my son and daughter to ask me next year and NOT there soft MUM!!
Bank holidays have always been an extended weekend for us working folk!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
OC, sorry tou have left the caravanning, but it is nice to know your still getting out into the tent,
I dought Mrs H would do that But, given a chance I would be out on my motorbike, pitch my tent near a pub, and book a room, at the first hint of rain.
Keep going, ๐Ÿค—

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts