Recent visit to Croatia.

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
I am looking into the possibility of visiting Croatia in 2009. The Tourist Office have been very helpful and I have a lot of literature. I would be grateful if any members who have visited recently, could pass on any tips? What is the general standard of campsites? Is fresh food freely available? Will I find standard "European" type supermarkets? Plus any other personal experiences? I hope to visit in June.

JSGJ

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Our experience of a trip there a couple of years ago was that many campsites tended to be very large, often with over 1000 pitches - a relict of the Communist era. The standard of the Camping Puntica site near Porec where we stayed was acceptable and it's not as enormous as some. On the whole, there are relatively few sandy beaches. Shopping is not an issue. There are adequate supermarkets stocking all your needs.

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
We have to Croatia for the last two years and although there are large campsites there, are also smaller ones in particular we liked Camping Peros, Oaza -Mira, Camping Slavic. There are lots of supermarkets just the same as at home! See my blog at www.gandm.eu.

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Croatia is wonderful.

Zagreb Well worth a visit though could not find a caravan site that gave access by public transport.

Dubrovnic, is one of the wonders of the world, Caravansite is 10 min from the centre by bus, make sure you visit both during the day and night, Dubrovinic has massive hype and you wonder if it can live up to expectation it does, make sure you do the walk around the wall.

Keep to the speed limits it may be thought of as a tourist tax.

If you like red wine buy it on your way through France or Germany, Croatian wine is not cheap and it is the first time ever in my life that I have poured bottles down the drain. This might be just poor choice on my behalf

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
According to this:

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8482
A six month vignette is only 35 euros.

Not unreasonable I would have thought. What is it, about 28 pounds.
Hi Scouse Ian

Your right of course, if you are staying for 6 months and you use the 30 miles of Motorway in Slovenia regually (More Motorway is being built), however if you are using it to drive the 30 miles of motorway to Croatia and back and you can't buy cheaper for a shorter time frame and your slightly cynical you might think of it as a tourist tax.

Kevin

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Out of curiousity, are there any sites in Croatia that are open all year round? I merely ask as it may give others who venture to Spain out of season, more choice.

Alex

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Camping Jezevac*** two years ago - its near Krk - a perfect stop say from Italy, on your way into Croatia. It was a lovely site...walking distance from the town (a lovley little place), has its own beach, shop and bakery. It was large but very quiet. You can pay for different quality of pitches (incidently the quality of the wash blocks match the pitches - but there is nothing stopping you from walking to the nice wash blocks!).

This part of Croatia was really cheap - and well worth a visit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts