Reconditioned powertouch movers.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
We've had our van just over 12 months and keep it on a storeage site. Up until a couple of months ago we had a vacant bay next to ours which gave us plenty of room to manouvre our van back into its bay. Since the space was filled its been a bit of a problem returning it and it's beginning to put her indoors off going away in the van.The thoughts of what we have to do on our return are never far from her thoughts.

Our bay is on a slight slope and it backs onto a wire fence, so unhitching and doing it manually can be quite tricky.

I have read on the forums that powertouch supplies reconditioned movers but i can't find that thread again to ask for the contact number. I'd invest in a new one but for the fact that our van is 11 years old.

If anyone out there in that wealth of information on caravan topics can point us in the right direction, please do.

Thanks and look forward to your replies.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We had exactly the same problem. When we returned from holiday earlier this month, we found the secure site that we were on had an extra van on it. Making the space very tight. As we had arrived late to the storage site we just had to push our van over the course, lumpy hard surface without help from anyone.

One wheel got stuck in a rut so I had to rock the van to get it out. Yes! pulled a muscle in my stomach and now suffering the concequences.

The moral of this story " But a motor mover before and not after the damage is done to your health".

Fact: most people fit burgler alarms after the have been burgled. Don't wait to fit a mover,if you can afford it?

I emailed Powrtouch re; the recon units and was quoted

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Thanks gents your information was just what i was looking for. I've e-mailed them.

POP if you read this, I hope you do. I note that their base is in Dorset. A long way for me to travel, particularly if it needs alterations once fitted. To your knowledge do they have fitters throughout the country who can do the work by calling on the client? I'm sure they will reply to me next week but I thought I'd just pick your brains on this point.

Thanks again.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks gents your information was just what i was looking for. I've e-mailed them.

POP if you read this, I hope you do. I note that their base is in Dorset. A long way for me to travel, particularly if it needs alterations once fitted. To your knowledge do they have fitters throughout the country who can do the work by calling on the client? I'm sure they will reply to me next week but I thought I'd just pick your brains on this point.

Thanks again.
Hi Tony, Yes powrtouch have fitters across the country that do the fitting and repairs.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
I live in the north east of England and I am waiting for delivery and fitting of my mover.About 3 weeks from order date at this time of year.

Apparently Powrtouch have a reputation for excellent customer relations and fast fitter responce to any problems. This is one of the reasons why I went for the Powrtouch mover.The other was the 5 year guarantee (not warranty)on new movers.

best wishes. Pop.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all, and Powrtouch it is for me then. Just one final question: My van is a single axle tourer, any idea of the weight in kgs of the mover, just so i can do my calculations?

Thanks again.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony Total weight 37 kgs
Hi Kiwi,

Thanks for that information.I don't really haul a great deal of stuff away with us. The heaviest item is probably the microwave. But only because we don't have the luxury of a fitted oven. Thanks again for your help and all others who replied.

Tony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts