Recovery for old caravan.

May 27, 2008
Visit site
So I'm getting paranoid! Our 'van is old (1976) but suits us, our car is a Motability one so is insured by them (& covered by RAC). But I can't help worrying about what would happen should the 'van have a mishap (or the car) and need recovering? Does anyone know of recovery insurance for a 'van of this age, everywhere I've looked seems to have an age limit.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Richard! Under you mobility RAC cover,your van will ONLY be tow a radius of TEN miles from point of breakdown.This will either be your home or secured site.It will not cover van accidents.I am an mobility driver so understand your dilema.

You need to insure your car on a seperate policy with RAC/AA to include van recovery.Your van will then be towed home or to your holiday destination or recovery in event of accident.At present the RAC have a good deal for disabled driver but you have to peoduce your blue badge on application(mine is currently

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Richard! Under you mobility RAC cover,your van will ONLY be tow a radius of TEN miles from point of breakdown.This will either be your home or secured site.It will not cover van accidents.I am an mobility driver so understand your dilema.

You need to insure your car on a seperate policy with RAC/AA to include van recovery.Your van will then be towed home or to your holiday destination or recovery in event of accident.At present the RAC have a good deal for disabled driver but you have to peoduce your blue badge on application(mine is currently

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have looked into this and found that both clubs offer breakdown cover for caravans and motorhomes of all sizes. I used the question "What happens if the caravan wheel fell of?" The Camping and caravanning club use RAC, known as Arrival. The CC use Green flag called mayday. You have to be a member of the relevant club. Suggest you phone RAC and ask them if they would upgrade you to Arrival. Then both car and van are covered. (Membership of both I think are

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts