Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am at present a member of the C&CC and also Arrivals with the RAC. I have a motor home over 19ft. in length and the RAC scheme is the only recovery service I can find that caters for a vehicle over 18ft. long. I would like to know if there is a recovery service available to cater for the longer/heavier class of vehicle without any surcharge and also not having to join either the CC or the C&CC? A recent report placed Britania as the best service - has anybody any experience of this company and was it good or bad?

To date thankfully I have had no cause to use the RAC but am not over impressed with the C&CC. Can I stay a member of Arrivals with all it offers without being a member of the C&CC?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It sounds as though the C&CC scheme is similar to the CC one but with a different provider. In the case of CC Mayday there are no restrictions on size/weight of caravan or motorhome even though their provider, Green Flag, applies restrictions to it's own customers.

I concluded many years ago that club membership was a necessary expense as CC membership plus insurance was cheaper than insurance elsewhere for the same level of cover.

Nowadays my CC membership is used just for insurance, recovery and access to their CLs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roger thank you for replying. Unfortunately last year I had an accident with the caravan and required the assistance of Green Flag. The service I received was not as I would have expected and it left a bitter taste in my mouth therefore that is the reason I did not join the CC.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have just joined Auto Aid which is a pay & claim service. Martin Lewis has recommended this service for the 2nd year. Basically when you break down you phone them and they send recovery. You pay the bill or ask the recovery to invoice you and then get a claim form and they pay back within 14 days. It is comphrehensive cover, covers caravans with no restrictions and is only

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin ,

Not easy to find auto aid

a much better deal offered by Rowett insurance brokers in St Austell Cornwall which is cheaper (

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hello Colin, The number for Auto Aid is 01277 235500. There is no website and they don't advertise hence the cheap price. If you look on Martin Lewis's website www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk and look under breakdown insurance you should find what he has to say and feedback from other users. Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Brittania. If you are or ever have been a civil servant, worked for BT, Post office etc. or have a spouse who has done so you can probably join Civil Service Motoring Association which either owns brittania or has very strong links to it. Qutie a good package and it will also give you access to the CSMA car insurance through Liverpool victoria which I have found unbeatable on price for the past 15 years of 4x4 ownership (Group 16 stuff). Brittania is franchised out to local operators, but none the worse for that and has come out very highly in consumer tests.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts