Recurring Damp

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
I purchased new in 2007 a Bailey Senator 5 Louisiana. Following an annual service in 2009, there was widespread damp in the rear offside panel. The distributor from which I purchased the 'van had ceased trading. (Orpington Caravan Centre). I contacted Baileys for assistance and they pointed me in the direction of several Bailey Dealers, of which I used Lee Davey. They were great considering that I hadn't bought the 'van from them. It took until October 2009, for them to arrange with Bailey to take the 'van back to Bristol for repair under warranty. The 'van finally arrived back in March 2010. Baileys had replaced every panel, including the roof except the nearside and the floor!
Following a service last week damp has been found 50% in one part in the upper offside wall. The service engineer suspects the awning rail seal, there is no other apparent damage. I have managed to dry out the area, fortunately it is in the cupboard and there is no sign of discolouration or distortion of the panel.
It will obviously need looking at.
Should I go back to the dealer?
How long are repairs guaranteed for?
It is now the Easter weekend and I will make further enquiries later this week, but I would be interested in peoples views as to where do I stand?
Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As the initial repair was carried out within the warranty period it would have been guaranteed to the end of the ingress warranty, which I recall as being 6 years on your van, taking you to 2013.
You say the repair was done and the van back with you in 2010, it is now 4 years on from then and will no longer be covered by warranty.
From the place you say the damp is I would suspect the rear roof strap and not the awning rail.

A repair is normally guaranteed for a maximum of 1 year, but may be as short as 6 months depending what has been done.
I think that you will have to be prepared to pay for any repairs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts