Remember the 5th november !!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
You know the old saying "remember,remember the 5th of November".

How the bloody hell can we forget it!!

It was like Beruit in my town. I'm sure they'd nicked half the stoch of mortars and a dozen Ack Ack guns from the MOD depot.

On the radio I heard suggestions that fireworks could reach 120db which is about as loud as an air raid siren.

If I was to take the exhaust off my 4 Litre Jag and put 6 inch straigh pipes on it would still be quieter. But I bet I'd get nicked within the hour.

They can make them quiet and still have the same visual display. So why not do that. Our dogs would like that.

I had to wait until 1am to let the dogs out as that was when we had a lull in the storm of wizz, pop and darned right explosion.

Perhaps we should set up a home on a remote island for all the pyromaniacs and pyrotechnics then they could blow their own brains out and we wouldn't hear a thing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It was really quiet here last night (Horsham, West Sussex). People tend to go to organised displays - big ones round here are Lewes, Brockham, Dorking etc.

The problems around here tend to be on New Year's eve. I can't understand why people want to stand out in their gardens for about 20 minutes while they wake up their neighbours, but they do.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
After all this time (401 years?) don't you think it is time to stop this pagan celebration? I absolutely hate it. Never have enjoyed Bonfire Night, even as a child! Think of all the charities that could benefit from the complete waste of money spent on fireworks.

Standing dow from my soapbox now!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will be setting of rockets and bangers tonight big style-because apart from being the 5 of november i have secured a order for a bailey pageant provonce for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After all this time (401 years?) don't you think it is time to stop this pagan celebration? I absolutely hate it. Never have enjoyed Bonfire Night, even as a child! Think of all the charities that could benefit from the complete waste of money spent on fireworks.

Standing dow from my soapbox now!
I think there are pagan festivals which involve midwinter bonfires but surely nov 5th is (supposedly!) about Guy Fawkes and the catholic plot to blow up the protestant king. What ever the reason its great fun, though our dogs dont like it. Jim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts