Renault Grand Espace 2.2 diesel

May 17, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of buying a grand espace (to keep the children happy - of cause), has anybody had experience of towing with these, also what is the fuel comsumption like with a van on the back (we have a 1990 Swift Challenger 4 berth). Your comments would be most appreciative.

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We tow a 3-berth 850kg caravan, and have plenty of power for all situations. Fuel economy is 31.3 mpg overall, 28.6 mpg towing. The towing mpg would be higher, but when we are in France we travel at 130kph (83mph) when we can legally do so.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI

I find the Grande Espace 2.2 to be a good tow vehicle. It has the weight and the capacity to handle most caravans. I am sure there are many other equally capable tow vehicles its just I haven't tried them all----yet!

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
HI

I find the Grande Espace 2.2 to be a good tow vehicle. It has the weight and the capacity to handle most caravans. I am sure there are many other equally capable tow vehicles its just I haven't tried them all----yet!
We have also got an Espace 2.2 dci for towing our Abbey Aventura. We have just fitted a P-Box diesel power upgrade to the vehicle. It increases the BHP of the vehicle from 150 to 168bhp which really makes a huge difference on those long hills.

We have found that we are using approx 10% less fuel as long as you keep your foot back and use the extra power to achieve the same performance as would prior to the up grade being fitted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts