Renault Megane 1.9DCi 130 Auto (06 Reg)

May 14, 2006
Visit site
I would really appreciate any views on the the towability of this vehicle dont want to go to the expense of new tow car and van

Be greatly appreciated

Lyn & Tony

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi tony

depends on the weight of the van you have got. also there are quite a few treads on towing with renualts fitted with the 1.9 diesel engines look through the back pages of this section

colin

May 14, 2006
Visit site
hi tony

depends on the weight of the van you have got. also there are quite a few treads on towing with renualts fitted with the 1.9 diesel engines look through the back pages of this section

colin
Thanks Colin,

I did trawel through the section some good information appears OK. Obviously Bailey Discovery or similar weighted van and the Megane should be ok. Saw the point about ignoring the lower weight giiven by Renault to a degree and as I towed before happy if slightly over the 85%.

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lyn and Tony

Can't help with the towing ability, but I have owned a manual version for about a year now and it's brilliant! It's used around town for most of it's life, but it's been to the south of France a few times and never missed a beat. There are issues with noisy brakes but apart from that it's fine and I'd recommend it.

Mine will be up for sale in the Spring, if you're interested!!!

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have been towing for the last 2 1/2 years with the sport tourer manual version and it has been the best towcar I've ever had.Up hill down dale never misses a beat.Clocked up over 84,000 miles and its still going strong

Hope this helps

May 14, 2006
Visit site
Hello Pat,

Thanks very much, sounds that it will be OK as i think we are purchasing a new Baily Ranger at the Caravan Show and the Renault will tow that fine.

Hope you had a nice Xmas

Lyn & Tony

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tony

We purchased a Bailey Ranger 500/5 at the NEC and had planned to tow it with a Scenic 1.5dci 106bhp. Although we had checked with numerous car and caravan dealers and had been told that this was a suitable match when we went to discuss picking up the caravan the caravan dealer told us the Scenic would be no good. Apparently you can tow 1300kg with the scenic but this is with only the driver in the car and no additional people, luggage etc. We rang Renault direct and they confirmed this. So we're now on the look out for a new car and at the moment it looks like a Kia Carens.

It may be worth checking again.

Margaret

May 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tony

We purchased a Bailey Ranger 500/5 at the NEC and had planned to tow it with a Scenic 1.5dci 106bhp. Although we had checked with numerous car and caravan dealers and had been told that this was a suitable match when we went to discuss picking up the caravan the caravan dealer told us the Scenic would be no good. Apparently you can tow 1300kg with the scenic but this is with only the driver in the car and no additional people, luggage etc. We rang Renault direct and they confirmed this. So we're now on the look out for a new car and at the moment it looks like a Kia Carens.

It may be worth checking again.

Margaret
Pat thanks very much Oh Happy New year. I have considered the megane and although a 1.9 the ratios is over 85% and although I have towed for ages I feel I shall go for a new car too or nearly new then i willbe totally safe and secure with the appropriate car and caravan

Cheer

Lyn Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts