Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i am trying to repair the floor of my caravan which is spongy, and going to replace some areas of the walls which has had damp.i was wondering if there is a manual i can buy to help me.thank you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve forget it its much cheaper in the long run to sell on and buy a new one but do your self a favour,buy a damp meter they are not expensive and could save you a lot of heart ache

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve, i have the caravan manual but it doesn't give much info on these kind of repairs. you could try the following webpage set up by someone who's repaired/repairing their 'van. we are going to have a go at repairing ours. the website is www.alanparkers.dsl.pipex.com

Good Luck !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve..your spongy floor is caused by delamination you need to get a floor injection kit (about 40 quid) and a big suringe ,drill a series of holes the same size as the end of the suringe in the centre of the delam then drill some smaller holes about 2mm around the outside of the delam area have some wooden dowels ready to plug the holes as the injection fluid ouzes out.You'll also need to tape up any joints and entry points in the floor otherwise the fluid all falls straight through on to the driveway.Allow a couple of days for the fluid to harden then refit any carpets and furniture you have removed to gain access to the delamed area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts