Replacement air awning bladder - how much do you think?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Haha! Some site WiFi is about as quick as sending a second class letter!
Letter will get there first! Can't even log on to banking site as it is so slow the banking site kicks you off. If ordering a replacement bladder Online at new Forest, you would age a year before the order goes through! :ROFLMAO:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Kampa (now Dometic) came with a bladder repair kit. Useless. Once the seam has ripped , it’s irreparable. I assumed they didn’t use a rubber tube for cost reasons. Now, I’m not so sure rubber would be as expensive as the polyethylene.
Is there a design defect, I wonder, in the seam construction? If only we could find out how many tube failures have occurred over the last five years?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Kampa (now Dometic) came with a bladder repair kit. Useless. Once the seam has ripped , it’s irreparable. I assumed they didn’t use a rubber tube for cost reasons. Now, I’m not so sure rubber would be as expensive as the polyethylene.
Is there a design defect, I wonder, in the seam construction? If only we could find out how many tube failures have occurred over the last five years?
Reading all the above, I am glad we stuck with the poled awning.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As an aside Gary’s problem raises an issue we should think about and comment on.
Even though the Dealer has gone into Administration isn’t just yet, the final nail in the coffin.
It’s worth reading this Which? Guide. I don’t how long Gary has had his Izzy nor how he paid for it but there may be others similarly affected who think they have to stand alone.

Money on the table says if the Dealer hadn’t gone bust and replaced the bladder, Izzy would have sent them a foc replacement , goodwill?

If I were Isabella reading this thread I would have nipped it in the bud and if not an foc replacement at least one at cost price.
All comments welcome

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...oney-back-if-a-company-goes-bust-aAmCs2Z30SLb

Reactions: Anseo
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Exactly. Short of stuffing it with old socks I can’t do much else! Irritating as I’m always careful with the pressure if it’s hot. Of course there’s no guarantee that the gauge on the digital pump is accurate though.
Gary, if you put up your address I for one will send you my auld socks, as I'm sure others will 😉

• Haha
Reactions: GaryB
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I find it strange that in 2024 we still can't buy a glue that will stick things like air bladders together, I must have a dozen tubes of various makes that all claim to stick everything to anything, even under water in some cases and very rarely do they perform. I understand many will have specific instructions but if only a company could market something that stuck everything, they would surely be on to a winner.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I find it strange that in 2024 we still can't buy a glue that will stick things like air bladders together, I must have a dozen tubes of various makes that all claim to stick everything to anything, even under water in some cases and very rarely do they perform. I understand many will have specific instructions but if only a company could market something that stuck everything, they would surely be on to a winner.
Have you tried “ sticks like **** Obtain the original for free. 😱

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
It’s down to the surface energy of materials (according to our science boffins at work). Some materials by their nature are very difficult to adhere to successfully

Reactions: woodsieboy
Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
It’s down to the surface energy of materials (according to our science boffins at work). Some materials by their nature are very difficult to adhere to successfully
Hi everyone on here having trouble with awning bladder failures. A friend of mine with an air awning had a series of failures and we tried every repair method mentioned and actually none of them are very good solutions. The best answer is have a look at this company based in Hinkley. They are called Tent Spares and they will repair any make of bladder. You can post your bladder to them and they will repair it and return by post. Postage is about £7. The best bet is to phone them on 01455 239999 and tell them your problem, they are very helpful. Have a look here on their website www.tentspares.co.uk. Hope this works and do let us know how you get on. I have nothing to do with this company apart from being a very happy customer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts