replacing alko friction pads

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi all ,

i am contemplating replacing the friction pads on my alko aks 1300 stabliser anyone with tips or pitfalls, i would appreciate any help thanks

ger

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We have just taken in our caravan for its 1st year service. We decided to have the Alko pads replaced at the same time. The company promised to call back with the price (

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
I know I said I was Going (to Italy)but just one more---Pleeeese.

The AL-CO down load, date sheet 6, Lubrication. states that one should use Molybdenum Disulphide Grease. What is the difference between this and 'bog standard' grease.

ttfn

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Molybdenum Disulfide is an additive added to grease, it is attracted to the metal surface and protects the bearing surface even if most of the grease has gone.

The ALKO 1300 was a standard fit on the Eriba Touring (pop-top) caravans until recently, and a lot of Eriba owners change the pads themselves. From 2005 Eribas are fitted with either the ALKO 2004 or Winterhoff.

The pads should last for 25,000 miles, but most Eriba owners change the pads more often because of contamination - and the squeaks.

All you need to do is remove two ring-clips, and the pads slide out - but take care with the replacements clips because they are single shot. And they are dead easy to lose - a big sheet of newspaper under the coupling will save a lot of cursing.

On the ALKO 1300 you need to apply a smear of Moly Disulfide grease on the pins on the back of the pads, and a further smear on the bearing surface inside the coupling. A small tube (15 ml) from Halfords will do the job and leave you plenty for another future replacement.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts