Replacing van next year

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Currently own Aventura 316. Will replace next year, but with what? The van has been okay but I have found dealerships very mediocre. Live in Cornwall and don't mind travelling. Reading the site most people have some warranty issues. Like many others have thought about German vans but would be interested in comments.

2 berth van would surfice up to max weight of 1300kg.

Thank you

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Alex, we have had two new Sterlings in the last three years and each time after our holiday we came back with build quality problems we changed to a Hymer, but this meant we also had to change car as they are heavy, we have just had six weeks away in france and not a single problem - so i think we have at last got the right van for us

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Ann. We have seriously considered Hymer, but live in Cornwall so Lowdhams is a good journey. Comments on this site express doubts about after sales at this dealership. Where did you buy yours and if Lowdhams which 'branch'. Thank you.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex

We do like German caravans and have a fendt at present having had Hobby caravans before.

We find them far superior to English and with more standard accessories. I wish that we could find an English caravan as good as we would then buy British.

We have bought the last ones from Germany but before that we bought from an English dealer.

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alex, we have had two new Sterlings in the last three years and each time after our holiday we came back with build quality problems we changed to a Hymer, but this meant we also had to change car as they are heavy, we have just had six weeks away in france and not a single problem - so i think we have at last got the right van for us
Hi Katherine,

Which dealer did you use and what did you think of them?

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alex

We do like German caravans and have a fendt at present having had Hobby caravans before.

We find them far superior to English and with more standard accessories. I wish that we could find an English caravan as good as we would then buy British.

We have bought the last ones from Germany but before that we bought from an English dealer.
Thank you for that Joyce.

Which dealer did you use in the UK? What do you do about servicing or any warranty work in the Uk?

Thank you

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alex

Sorry for the delay in answering we have been away at a very wet show!

We bought our caravans in the UK from http://www.jgtradingco.co.uk/ and the others in Germany.

We have never had any trouble with them so never needed to go back to the dealers and when we go abroad as we go to germany a lot we have any service work done then.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alex,

We have had 3 caravans the most recent being a 10 yr old ABI which was much loved & in great condition but we had outgrown the layout.

As we have 2 young children we wanted a sturdy modern van which will stand up to heavy use & are just waiting to collect our brand new Burstner on Fri from Derby Caravans.

They have a website & Mark there is especially helpful. They do go to the shows & sell English vans as well.

As Joyce says the German vans do seem a much better build quality but are heavier to tow.

Good luck with your choice.

Caroline

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caroline & Simon

How are things with you?

Bet you cannot wait for Friday. How excited are you?

Are you going away for the weekend or waiting until later whend the weather improves?

We have now had three wet shows on the trot and it is not the best way to enjoy caravanning!!

Anyway good luck on Friday hope all is well with the new van and layout.

Joyce

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts