Replies in the creation area not deleting

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have found it disconcerting when having started to create a reply and then deciding to delete it before posting it, to discover it still sits there in the creation box when I reopen the forum.

Further attempts to delete it produce the same result, it apparently deletes from the scree, but reopen the forum and its right there again

The only way it seems to remove it is to prepare another reply and to post it.

Is there another way to discard an unposted creation ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve found that too. It just needs a cancel button so that you can exit the part written post. Alternatively just post it then hit Delete.

Underwood

BANNED
Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
The Xenforo software has an ‘autosave’ feature that regularly saves text as it is being typed into a posting. I think this is automatic and unavoidable.

At the top of the ‘compose posting’ window, the 2nd button from the right (floppy disk icon - “Drafts") offers the option to “Save draft” or “Delete draft”. If you’ve entered text but decide not to reply, just choose the “Delete draft” option and leave the posting.

(A brief experiment suggests that the autosave feature activates every 60 seconds, when a small green dot will show on the “Save draft” icon. So if you deleted all the text you had typed into a posting, then waited until the green dot appeared and then came out of the posting, the Reply window will be blank next time you used it. But it’s simpler just to choose “Delete draft” (when the green dot will also appear) and leave the posting.)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts