Retirement

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dianne your reasons for wishing to retire early are both honest and genuine and should not be considered as being amusing in any way. I fully appreciate what you are saying and if it is within your heart to follow that route good luck to you and I would be the first to say go for it as the older we get so we are not so active. As far as being of short life span life is what we are here to enjoy and thank God we cannot tell the future - live, within reason, for the day and take tomorrow when it comes as a blessing and enjoy life.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Colin that is truely Beautiful. "thank God we cannot tell the future - live, within reason, for the day and take tomorrow when it comes as a blessing and enjoy life.".

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lord B,

I have been on 12 month contracts for the last 18 months. It is the only way to stop paying pension so in effect 11% pay rise.

Like you I have had to bury 2 brother Firefighters off my watch & still shed a few tears, they are allways the worst, but kiddies always affect me, 3 years ago, just before end of shift, the day one of the watch was getting married, we got a call to flat fire persons reported. When we got there a man on 1st floor balcony was screeming my kids are in there. we pitched the 9.5.m the best man & I enterd the flat looking for 2 kids, after about 3m I found his wife & told my mate to look for the kids whilst I dragged her to the front door. By the time I got her to the door he had located the kids (who had started the fire in their bedroom) & got them out. We managed to resusitate the woman but lost the 2 kids.

Needless to say the wedding went down like a lead balloon, but the good news is that the almost newly weds found out today that they are going to have a baby.

I dont know who is more exited the watch or the parents to be.

Graham W.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lord B,

I have been on 12 month contracts for the last 18 months. It is the only way to stop paying pension so in effect 11% pay rise.

Like you I have had to bury 2 brother Firefighters off my watch & still shed a few tears, they are allways the worst, but kiddies always affect me, 3 years ago, just before end of shift, the day one of the watch was getting married, we got a call to flat fire persons reported. When we got there a man on 1st floor balcony was screeming my kids are in there. we pitched the 9.5.m the best man & I enterd the flat looking for 2 kids, after about 3m I found his wife & told my mate to look for the kids whilst I dragged her to the front door. By the time I got her to the door he had located the kids (who had started the fire in their bedroom) & got them out. We managed to resusitate the woman but lost the 2 kids.

Needless to say the wedding went down like a lead balloon, but the good news is that the almost newly weds found out today that they are going to have a baby.

I dont know who is more exited the watch or the parents to be.

Graham W.
Pleased to hear it has an happy ending Graham :O)

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
See how people pretended to be you last night, you can enter anyhing you like. Mod 2 why did you put a 24 hour block on me posting, Please send me an e-mail explaing why ?? ps I will e-mail haymarket in the morning, that is 5 posts of mine you have edited to meet your OWN criteria.

Val or is that Frank not sure
Frank

Your login was suspended for breaches of forum etiquette.

You seem now to have created a new login to defy the ban.

Multiple logins are strictly forbidden.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Graham,Hi I have been to your training centre in Smethwick more times than I remember to give a presentation to the guys on the pre retirement course,I always had the slot before lunch that way I got fed as well :eek:)

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rod G & Jenny, You may have seen on another post that I too retired from work on the same day as you. As caravanners, the future can't fail to hold good times and new friends, We are looking forward to not having to end our caravan breaks on a Sunday, to get back for work on Monday, as we have had to do for so long. It will take some getting used to, but I'm sure we'll adapt!!

All the best to you both and safe journey to La Manga.

Mrs MoW

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Frank

"state employees drawing a pension paid for by the working class"

Where did you get that idea from?

The fire Service Pension is paid by working service personel.

When I was working in the job about ten years ago I was paying

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Frank

"state employees drawing a pension paid for by the working class"

Where did you get that idea from?

The fire Service Pension is paid by working service personel.

When I was working in the job about ten years ago I was paying

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Don't let him wind you up Eddie. Besides, he's on timeout at the moment reading and studying the Forums Etiquette. Best to ignore such comments :O)
Everybody has that misconception that our pensions are free.

When we know that they are not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts