returning watcher

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
You don’t say where your driving licence was issued, but there are lots more countries apart from the UK where you don’t need an IDP for driving in the EU.

Hello Lutz a name I remember from Germany if that's right Its been a quite while since I was on forum, I am only here for a couple of month. My licence is Canadian from memory you are always up on the rules.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello Lutz a name I remember from Germany if that's right Its been a quite while since I was on forum, I am only here for a couple of month. My licence is Canadian from memory you are always up on the rules.
It would have been quite helpful if you had stated that your driving licence was Canadian as all of the replies seeking to answer your query assumed you were a British licence holder. On the other point of duty free allowances it could be different for travel between Europe and Canada.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If you buy duty free in Say, France to go to the USA, direct, no problem , BUT if your stopping over in the UK you have to pay duty. .

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
With a non-EU driving licence one doesn't need an IDP in Germany if the foreign licence is in accordance with Appendix 6 of the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic of 8th November 1968. Alternatively, it may be accompanied with a German translation. I presume similar requirements apply in other EU countries. In that respect a Canadian licence will not be treated any different to a UK one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts