Rhine valley

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
for the first time since having a caravan hobby I intend to go abroad.Ive heard the Rhine valley is very good, is there anyone who can recomend a good caravan site in the area please.We are grand parents but wont be taken the children with us,

thanks Ken.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ken

I had the pleasure of the Rhine in Sept 2003 and pitched at Lahnstein (nr Koblenz) the site was "Camping Burg Lahneck" it is high up and overlooks the Rhine, some pitches give a grand view from the van.

We went to experience the "Wine Fests" and the "Rhine in flames" There are fireworks in various towns up and down the Rhine. I would commend you check them out.

Enjoy your trip.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ken

We have stayed at Rudesheim a couple of times. Have a look at this link http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campingplatz_rudesheim_am_rhein_.htm The campsite is within easy walking distance of the town and you can have a boat trip along the river.

David

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I can confirm David's recommendation and would like to add that there is another nice site not too far from Ruedesheim at Lorch (Naturpark Camping Suleika). The prettiest part of the Rhine valley is between Koblenz and Mainz so you should concentrate on that area. The wine fests and the 'Rhine in flames' fireworks that Ken refers to take place during August and September, so that would be the ideal time if you like that sort of thing. I live just outside Mainz so if you need any more information, don't hesitate to get in touch with me. lschel@aol.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts