road tax ú400

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
anyone want to buy a now worthless 4x4 ????

there will be plenty for sale and going cheap,mine included.

never thought i'd see the day that i'd sell the terrano, but there's no way i'm giving the thieving b------------- my £400-00

and there's no way i'm ever voting labour again(labour through and through) it's the BNP for me

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Klarky...

first of all the new VED rates effect more two wheel drive cars

than four wheel drive cars.

Unless yours is brand new, then i believe these new rates will

not apply to older BIG ENGINED CARS.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes it's in the higher co2(gas guzzlin) bracket 237

as far as been new vehicles only to have this increase,yes this was the case in the last road tax hike,but as far as i understand ,this time it involves all the cars old and new in the highest bracket

May 12, 2005
Visit site
klarky,

Kia Sorento 2.5 , emissions 209grms Band `F` 10 quid this year 5 next and 5 the year after.

But there arfe a lot off petrol heads going to get a shock, I just looked a list of affected cars on the UK KIA Sorento forum. its very long. apparently there are some 2ltr petrol cars affected.

Us Sorrie drivers have got of light, unless you`ve got the 3ltr petrol.

Tony A.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Tony A

Please could you cut and paste that list or post the link
hello mate I don`t know how to cut and paste, i`ve just been trying, but if you google uk kia sorento forum then into general discussion, then road tax, I think you can view as a guest.

Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
klarky,

Kia Sorento 2.5 , emissions 209grms Band `F` 10 quid this year 5 next and 5 the year after.

But there arfe a lot off petrol heads going to get a shock, I just looked a list of affected cars on the UK KIA Sorento forum. its very long. apparently there are some 2ltr petrol cars affected.

Tony A.
2003 nissan terrano 3lt

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
I have been looking at the DVLA website and the cost of the new road tax.

Vehicles like the Sorento 2.5 CRDI and the Freelander 2.0 TD4 fall into the green band F and therefore will pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From what I can make of the web page from the government relating to road tax it will only be diesel cars registered after March 2001 which are going to be affected. Will you correct me if I'm wrong and put me on the right track.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From what I can make of the web page from the government relating to road tax it will only be diesel cars registered after March 2001 which are going to be affected. Will you correct me if I'm wrong and put me on the right track.
Forgot - Proud owner Daihatsu Fourtrack 2.8TDI - 1998 reg.

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Yep you are correct, also new cars registered after March 2006 that produce above 225 g/km c02 will fall into the wallet emptying bracket.

G

While I fully sypathise with the views expressed I would however suggest logic takes sway. If your desire to go caravanning is determined by a

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
colin b and danny.

If you look again at that website, you will see that dieselcars

from 2001, have got off lightly.

AS, under the older system no matter what co2 they had, they

would pay

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Before todays budget there was alot of speculation and worry, once the dust has settled it appears not too bad.

After all if you can afford 50 grand on a huge 4x4, whatever the insurance costs, god knows how much tyres will cost, I'm sure you can find

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
06:10 PM klarky,

Tony A.

My new 2007 Sorento XS Auto is in the top group at 228G/KM, but if this is about pollution and not just tax collecting, why don't older car have to pay when their emissions are far worse than mine.

Steve W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
cheers colinn

p.s.

anybody now want ta buy a 20032 gas guzzlin 3lt terrano diesel 4x4 that only comes in the lower tax bracket,save ya selves sum monny maaaaan

TRENDING THREADS