road tax ú400

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
NO,I'M KEEPIN IT NOW,its got some life in it yet.i'm obviously, as well will be everyone else,lookin for a good tow car with the co2 levels less than 225.will wait a couple of years as i think they'll probably hit cars with less than 225 in the future.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
06:10 PM klarky,

Kia Sorento 2.5 , emissions 209grms Band `F` 10 quid this year 5 next and 5 the year after.

But there arfe a lot off petrol heads going to get a shock, I just looked a list of affected cars on the UK KIA Sorento forum. its very long. apparently there are some 2ltr petrol cars affected.

Us Sorrie drivers have got of light, unless you`ve got the 3ltr petrol.

Tony A.

My new 2007 Sorento XS Auto is in the top group at 228G/KM, but if this is about pollution and not just tax collecting, why don't older car have to pay when their emissions are far worse than mine.

Steve W
Steve ,

you should have bought the manual, serves you right for being to lazy to ghange gear. (joke)

Tony A.

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
I lot of folk have responded by talking about taking revenge at the ballot box. How do you do that when the only feasilble (two) alternatives are bigger dippo's than the ones we got in power right now!

This whole thing is another cash cow for raising taxation, in the long run its going to make no difference to global warming even if every car owner in the UK burn their vehicle this weekend!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Before todays budget there was alot of speculation and worry, once the dust has settled it appears not too bad.

After all if you can afford 50 grand on a huge 4x4, whatever the insurance costs, god knows how much tyres will cost, I'm sure you can find

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard,

What are you talking about, your tax has gone down from 22p to 20p.

Are you not aware that the 10p rate is also being abolished?

Old "smoke and mirrors" Brown has conned you into thinking the way he wants you to think, but in reality he has shafted us good and proper by giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

I, for one am going to be less well off after this budget as are the vast majority of the population.

Don't believe anything this government tells you and you won't go far wrong.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, he does give with one hand and take with the other. Explain to me why the one hand that takes, is wearing a big catchers mit and the one that gives, only has two fingers?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, some people really push the boat out when choosing a large van and car. It's something they enjoy doing, so may spend every penny they have, just keeping the two going. Extra expenditure bought about like this, may be enough to tip the balance. A families dream up in smoke or more hardship keeping the combination. Don't get me wrong, some will be easily able to afford it. Some would be easily able to aford a cheap motor too, and some wont. It's just a matter of scale.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Richard

"The abolition of the 10p rate effects me much more than them. I still maintain if you need a large four wheel drive to tow a large van you can afford the new licence fee. Richard

It's not a case of afford it, it a case of what you have to give up to be able to continue to afford it, is the issue for me. The 10p rate going affects me to, so the road tax should have stayed the same for me now that's fair !!!!!!

ps in September I collect the

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
welliv just brought a 55 plate shogun tax band f and sold my 65 plate shogun sport band g the daft thing is the shogun sport was less co2 emisions than the shogun but the value wont drop somuch as the sport one dealer sead he dident wont it becouse he could not sell it he offerd me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i like many others have a nice van and a gas guzzlin 4x4 to tug t along.like some people like a nice house and pay through the nose for it and when theres a mortgage hike the **** hits the fan and they stuggle,and there are millons like them.

well,like lots of other people i chose the van and 4x4 option,like has been said i really pushed the boat out.i can afford it but its acquired a lot of my resources,and just like others when the rise in duty is as big as it is,just like you who have a large posh house and the mortgage rises it hits the pocket hard.unfortunately just like houses are repossed the car and the caravan have to go. yes there are those who can afford it,and theres a lot who can't.how do you tell who can and who can't????? NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.AND ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO SAY,WELL IF HE'S GOT THAT HE MUST BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT,GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR'E SAYING.

ENOUGH SAID

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not quite sure what you mean, klarky. If you've got a new big outfit, then logic says that you can afford it. If you can't afford it, why have you got it? I don't mean you personally, just people in general. A case of champagne tastes and beer income, perhaps? Personally, I can afford a nice new outfit, but that would curtail some of my lifestyle, so I stick with my 28 year old van and 12 year old car, and spend the balance on living it up!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not quite sure what you mean, klarky. If you've got a new big outfit, then logic says that you can afford it. If you can't afford it, why have you got it? I don't mean you personally, just people in general. A case of champagne tastes and beer income, perhaps? Personally, I can afford a nice new outfit, but that would curtail some of my lifestyle, so I stick with my 28 year old van and 12 year old car, and spend the balance on living it up!!!
I CAN AFFORD IT,but not to the point where people comment that if ive got that i must be loaded so therefore i must be able to afford the rise in road tax with ease.that sort of talk is absolute crap,andwhen people say that for me it smacks as utter jealosy.i'm not rich by a long way,but why shouldn't i splash out for something i like doing.i budget like everyone else but when someone throws a spanner in the works and inflates the cost of your pastime dramatically,as well as devaluing the price of your outfit dramatically you have to thik,well is it worth going on.i,m lucky,i've a 2003 3lt nissan terrano dci,not the dearest of 4x4 by a long way,NO MASIVE HIKE IN TAX but i'm labelled 'RICH'------I WISH.NOT EVERY ONE WHO HAS A 4X4 AND SO CALLED POSH OUTFIT ARE MADE OF MANY SO YOUSHYOULD'T TAR EVERYONE WITH THE SAME BRUSH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I CAN AFFORD IT,but not to the point where people comment that if ive got that i must be loaded so therefore i must be able to afford the rise in road tax with ease.that sort of talk is absolute crap,andwhen people say that for me it smacks as utter jealosy.i'm not rich by a long way,but why shouldn't i splash out for something i like doing.i budget like everyone else but when someone throws a spanner in the works and inflates the cost of your pastime dramatically,as well as devaluing the price of your outfit dramatically you have to thik,well is it worth going on.i,m lucky,i've a 2003 3lt nissan terrano dci,not the dearest of 4x4 by a long way,NO MASIVE HIKE IN TAX but i'm labelled 'RICH'------I WISH.NOT EVERY ONE WHO HAS A 4X4 AND SO CALLED POSH OUTFIT ARE MADE OF MANY SO YOUSHYOULD'T TAR EVERYONE WITH THE SAME BRUSH
klarky, I did say in my post that I wasn't refering to you personally, but to people in general.There are lots of people in debt up to their eyebrows to keep up their lifestyle. I'm not one of them, nor it appears are you. Enjoy what you've got, and b---er the rest of them!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
klarky, I did say in my post that I wasn't refering to you personally, but to people in general.There are lots of people in debt up to their eyebrows to keep up their lifestyle. I'm not one of them, nor it appears are you. Enjoy what you've got, and b---er the rest of them!
yes emmerson mate,i agree there are people who do live well above their means,and really shouldn,t complain when things go tits up for reasons which are UNCONTROLABLE.i'm fortunate that we both work and the kids have flown their featherd nest(still cost a bloody fortune)and we can now afford a lot of things that were once well out of our reach.things like this still effect a lot of people who do budget well,but a hike like this hits a lot of people who are not as rich as people make them out to be.all i'm saying is that things are not always as they seem,and people should not be judged by their worldly goods.

TRENDING THREADS