Roma Mini Caravan?

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. I'm looking for a very small, if not miniature, caravan. I saw a Roma Mini for sale but I was too late. Does anyone know who made them. Roma Caravans didn't and as far as I've been able to make out, nor did Romahome.

Any information will be most welcome.

Bye for now

Steve
http://www.withamweather.co.uk

roma-mini-caravan.jpg

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
These delightful caravans were once made by Island Plastics who later became Romahome and these models are called Romini rather than Roma.
There is more information here and a Google search using Romini Caravans in the search box should unearth one or two examples of this bijou caravan being offered for sale

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everso Parksy. Well, I sent loads of time searching but found nothing apart from the picture. Shame on me because I know of Island Plastics. I was going to buy a set of mouldings for an IP24 boat but end up buying a smaller Newbridge Navigator sailing boat. Never would have thought they'd be into Caravan mouldings. Live and learn. However, I'd never have got anywhere without the correct name for it ~ Ro MINI! Haa LOL. Romini.

What I want to do is this. I want to install my Amateur Radio Station. It will probably all run off it's own 50 12V Battery tucked away somewhere. Maybe charge it off the car alternator, or maybe a small pertrol generator/charger. Fit a telescopic mast on the ideal almost flat back of the Romini. Attach and Aerial (That I make) to the mast to demonstrate it at Rally's and shows prior to making a sale (to prove that it works, actually using it with a radio transmitter). I'd be able to sleep onboard for a 2-day or longer show or somewhere on the way home to split my journey.

I'll continue my search for a suitable van. I'm am able to restore one if need be. I can work with GRP, MiG welding, paint spraying and most things electrical.

Many thanks for your help . . . I'll let you know how I get on.

Bye for now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts