Rome Campsites

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
hi, we have been in Europe since May and are visiting Rome late Sept. where my 85 year young mum-in-law is flying out to join us for a week in the caravan. Has anyone stayed on the camping village flaminio site and was it ok for visiting Rome and relaxing? we need to be near the airport or in reasonable distance otherwise would look for a prettier site maybe.

many thank

Carolyn

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi

We stopped at a site at Bracciano on the Lake named Porticciolo it was good and they ran a service to the Railway Station to catch train when it was only 3 or so stops to the centre of Rome. I am sorry I do not know how far to the Airport but you could ask them email:- info@porticciolo. It is a Camping Card ACSI site and with card 15 euros.

Hope this helps. Have a lovely rest of your holiday.

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Diane,

have looked at that site but will have to check when it closes as caravan club books says 30th sept which is a day too early!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes Carolyn you are right have just been on their website www.porticciolo.it they do close end of September. Sorry that seems very early doesn't it?

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes early Diane but quite a few Italian sites seem to shut late sept. looking at one called Fiano Romano which is open and maybe ok so fingers crossed and thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts