roof stress cracks

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
just purchase a new 2015 sterling eccles wayfarer found roof cracks at the back of the van near the joint is it normal will swift replace the van as i dont want a repair job it might crack again i geuss

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Talk very promptly with your local Trading Standards to get your full money refunded under the new very powerful version of the Sale of Goods Act. You need to act with the dealer using the right approach and Trading Standards will advise you. Time is important. Don't be seduced into a repair as you say the van is purchased as new.
Then buy a make not known to crack in this way or have other totally unacceptable build failings.
The sooner the dealers wake up to the implications of selling defective goods, particularly in our leisure industry, and put the pressure on the builders then the quicker we can hope to be able to buy goods fit for purpose.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree that you should reject it. You can get advice from Citizens Advice and model letters from their web site. Not sure about Trading Standards, depends on where you live how effective they are.
You can also get legal advice free if you are a member of either of the clubs and possibly from your household insurers or any union you belong to. If you paid any sum on a credit card or used HP the company involved also has a liability so contact them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hamer said:
just purchase a new 2015 sterling eccles wayfarer found roof cracks at the back of the van near the joint is it normal will swift replace the van as i dont want a repair job it might crack again i geuss

Hello Hamer.

I am sorry to read of your problem. The other replies are suggesting using your legal rights to reject the caravan, and I whole heartedly agree you should be using them, but your post is not very specific. How recent is 'recent' because that determines which act your claim may fall under, and it may also affect the extent of your rights to a refund or repair.

So exactly when did you purchase the caravan, and was it brand new or second hand?

Just to clarify your legal rights under the older Sale of Goods Act and the Consumer Rights Act are against your seller not the manufacturer.

TRENDING THREADS