Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Yes, First time we went to France, stayed at St Pol de Leon site. It is a camping cheque place. It is quite nice, bit cramped, even in September. It is not far from the port, thus if you are a first timer you have a chance to get used to the roads. The CC directions, like most of them are rather vague but we got there.

Hope this helps.

Alex

May 21, 2007
Visit site
The first time we went to France I was a bit unsure about towing on the continent so we booked into a caravan club site at Carantec,literally 10 mins from Roscoff.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Stephen,

Not exactly next door, but around 50 km and 50 minutes from the port - is the beautiful "Camping Les Capucines" site at Tredrez-Locquemeau

It's quite a small site, about 70 pitches - two good toilet blocks - a small shop and bar - with great views. The site is around the head of a valley, with terraced level pitches - and (almost) everyone gets a view. And a cool breeze usually blows up the valley during the day, keeping the heat off.

In the village of St-Michel, there are a couple of good restaurants, creperies and cafes, and one of the biggest beaches I've seen - with the tide out it's a 1+ km walk across the sand to the water.

Robert

Mar 18, 2007
Visit site
Two sites in St Pol de Leon, both with pools and close to the sea. Try www.camping-ar-klegeur.com or www.camping-trologot.com they are opposite each other. Why not be brave, first real caravan towing I did was to southern brittany, great roads down and usally better weather.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Camping Muncipal de Perharidy is in Roscoff itself - address Route Santec from the town. We have stayed there overnight off the ferries, and it is popular with Brits for that. It's on the coast just to the west with adjacent stroll along a white sandy beach and modern shower block.

For a longer stay you could try Camping Les Mouettes - about a 15 minute drive off the ferry to the east near Carantec. A static dominated park but with excellent swimming pool and pleasant touring areas. (listed in the C&CC Carefree and with Keycamps).

You can see both with ease on Google Earth.

Driving out of Roscoff you are quickly out of any conurbation so driving is easy once you are out of the port area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts