Rouen Route

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if you could advise me the best route to get through Rouen (France)while towing a caravan.

I have two different types of sat nav software both offering different solutions.

One advises A28, N28, Boulevard de Europe, N338, N138 and onto A13.

The other sat nav suggests A28, N28, D18 (Boulevard Industriel) and onto A13.

Which route would you advise as the best route to get me through without making a wrong

turn and therefore keep me out of trouble?

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Ken,

Assuming that you're aproaching Rouen from Calais, then Route through Rouen is a doddle!!!

From Calais take the A16 then onto the A28. as you approach Rouen just follow the "Autres Routes" going down through the "tunnel" staying the centre lane & cross the river Seine and the road then "spirals" round to the right (in effect you've made a left turn after crossing the river) follow the signs for ZI est keeping the river on your left & the railway & marshalling yards to your right, eventually you'll come to a roundabout, can't mistake it as it has concrete cows painted black & white on it, ala Milton Keynes! go straight over to the next roundabout, this one has Greek sytle columns on it, go straight over this one and prepare to bear right onto the A13.

There you go!! Easy peasy! depending on the time of day 15 - 20 mins or 45 mins on a Friday night at rush hour!

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
George B

I will be going through Rouen on Friday 25th July between 18:30 and 17:00hrs. Are their rush hour(s) around the same time as ours, or will it have pettered out by then.

I went through Rouen trouble free 2yrs ago, but this was on a Sunday,

best regards, Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
George B

I will be going through Rouen on Friday 25th July between 18:30 and 17:00hrs. Are their rush hour(s) around the same time as ours, or will it have pettered out by then.

I went through Rouen trouble free 2yrs ago, but this was on a Sunday,

best regards, Martin
Thanks GeorgeB that looks the least likely to give problems.

I will be approaching from Calais heading for Poiter region.

Ken.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Ken,

Once on the A13 follow the signs for Le Mans & eventually you'll get back onto the A28 to Tours & from there its just a short hop over to Potiers via the A10

Happy-Lappy

Yes the French rush hours seem to coincide with ours but after 18.30hrs the traffic should have died down a lot & from when you cross the Seine it shouldn't take more than 15 - 20 mins max to get onto the A13 via this route.

To you both, I certainly would NOT recommend the route E46/E402/A139/E05 onto the A13 (signed Paris/Le Mans) as this takes you through the built up areas of "Rouen" south of the Seine, tried it once just to see if it was any better than the route I've given you, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Plus the route that I've given you is, IMHO, more caravan friendly as its dual carriageway all the way to the A13, albeit punctuated by quite a few sets of traffic lights + the 2 roundabouts mentioned.

I shall be trundleing through rouen, with the trusty van in tow, early morning Sat (8.30 ish) the 21st June on my way down to the Lot Et Garonne, stopping off at the sister in laws in Charente on the way there & back.

Happy Holls guys

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for your directions guide I will be following them pm on Tues. I don't know if you can answer this but after the tunnel with the river on my left & railway yard to right am I on the D18e. This should take me to junction 22 on A13 & as I'm going to Spain turn left towards Evreux & Orleans via the A13 & A154. I have looked at the Michelin website maps but the more I look the more confused I get

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
GeorgeB

Many thaks your directions were spot-on & you finish up at Junc 22 on the A13. The return journey is even easier just leave the A13 at Junc 22 & follow the large green signs for Calais & Lille. I would also suggest on the return journey you keep to the outside lane by doing this you miss all the local traffic joining & leaving.

I have recently returned from a 3 week holiday to Spain & would recommend this route in preference to the Paris route. I think it's quicky,better scenery, and much cheaper in toll charges. I paid 77 Euros in total (inculding bridge) to the Spanish border. Using the Orleans A10 to A71 and the Milau bridge (8.50 euros) & joining the A9 at Beziers to Spain.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts