Route rest stops advice

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi all
I need your suggestions and advice please.
We live about an hour 15 from the M40 junction at Warwick and at the end of next month are going to Hadley Park Caravan site for a week.
We use an Avtex Garmin sat nav to plan our routes as we can input the size of the outfit thus ensuring we only travel on roads that are suitable.
The route given is:
M40
M42
M6
M54
Off at junction 3 and up the A41 all the way to Whitchurch
There are no services on the motorways on this route and I would like a stop along the way.
Can you give me any suggestions please
Thanks
Steve

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Perhaps take the M42 to the M5 then M6. From memory you will pass at least two services.

But you do then get the horrible M5-M6 junction. But on the plus side I think you miss a lot of smart motorways.

John

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps take the M42 to the M5 then M6. From memory you will pass at least two services.

But you do then get the horrible M5-M6 junction. But on the plus side I think you miss a lot of smart motorways.

John
None on the M6 before M54 turnoff as Hildon servcies is just after the M54 turnoff. There is one just off the M54 second Jn after leaving M6.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi Kevin
Thanks very much for that and will keep it in mind - am initially trying to find somewhere nr the start of the M54 (before J3 where we will be coming off to head up the A41) but that's looking increasingly difficult - might well have to settle for the services at J4 and then head back down to J3 .
Still open to suggestions and grateful for any ideas.

Steve

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi Kevin
Thanks very much for that and will keep it in mind - am initially trying to find somewhere nr the start of the M54 (before J3 where we will be coming off to head up the A41) but that's looking increasingly difficult - might well have to settle for the services at J4 and then head back down to J3 .
Still open to suggestions and grateful for any ideas.

Steve
Stevem

you will struggle to find a suitable services on the m54.

Kev

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Just south of the junction on the A41 is Albrighton Garden Centre which has a cafe and probably sufficient parking to take in the caravan for a stop off. (Not sure where you are heading, but only if you were solo then David Austin Roses which is nearby absolutely worth a visit and has a great cafe in the gardens.)
We often scope a garden centre on Google Maps to use instead of services - not on your route I know, but an example is Dobbies by the A5/A449 junction that has oodles of easy parking for car and van - for us a good stop en route to Shrewsbury or beyond. Like searching for caravan sites if you search 'garden centres near xxx' then you can check out any that might serve your needs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts