Route to Rome

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Happy new year to all. In the spring we are planning to travel down to Rome before continuing around into Croatia. There are, as usual, several possible routes but I was wondering what advice was out there. We would like to be able to use our ACSI cards if possible so need sites which are open from late March onwards.
Homer

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Have a look at my website as below in my signature. There is a page with Routes to Italy with good ACSI CCard Sites en route.
Any questions please ask will be glad to help..

DianneT

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I cant vouch for any sites for you as we have not not used the van there. The route we use is calais area start to dunkirk, then to Mons luxenbourg and continue to germany then turn right for Switzerland. The route is all Toll free autoroute.

A word of advice regarding the gotthard tunnel in that Friday Saturdays there can be queues for several hours to get though. if you are able to not use on these days or get there fairly early.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Most of my later working life was on HGVs mainly in Italy. I am guessing you will run the usual route down through France to Mont Blanc. The italian side of Mont Blanc is better these days with a new motorway most of the way down.

E25 down past Aosta to Santhia then you have a choice.

Either carry on down the E25 to Genoa and take the coast all the way to Rome via La Spezia, Livorno and Civitavechia
or
the truck route which is take the A4 from Santhia towards Milan, take the split from Milan down the E35 to Bologna and the E35 to florence and on to Rome. Take note that the final stretch from Florence to Rome is very up and down and few motorway services. However, that would be my route of choice.

On transiting Rome, the only advice I can give is that you are getting quite near to the Pope, practice your prayers.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Code:
I wonder why we never heard back from HomerS1

Well, if he made it that far, he is probably in the grip of the Grappa. :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts