Route to Skegness

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
We are taking the grandaughter to the CC site at skegness for may day weeekend, I am unsure of the best route from south Yorkshire,

some route finders send me the traditional way through Bawtry, Gainboro, market Raisen, and other route finders send me up the M18, M180 then on the A18 past Humberside airport.

Has anyone any experience and can recommend the best route,

Thanks

Paul.M.

Jan 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paul, we travel from sheffield so depending where you start from M1 s/bound Jct31 then A57 to A1 s/bound to A57 Lincoln then A158 through Wraggby and Horncastle straight to Skegness from Sheffield towing about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs depending on traffic but a easy run .Wayne.

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Wayne

thanks for that, but it would be the long way round, we live in swinton and the only 2 routes the routefinder sends me is M18/M180 or throught Bawtry/Gainsborough.

thanks anyway

Paul.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Never done this journey but looking at the map I would cross the M18 onto A631 eastwards, then south on the A15, then east on the Lincoln by-pass to the A158 then to Skegness. Once you are past the M18 it looks to be dual carriageway all the way.

Jan 14, 2008
Visit site
Wayne

thanks for that, but it would be the long way round, we live in swinton and the only 2 routes the routefinder sends me is M18/M180 or throught Bawtry/Gainsborough.

thanks anyway

Paul.
Paul , We have our caravan stored at thurnscoe so if you forget about the M1 and head for the A1 and carry on with the directions.Now with the roadworks finished on the A1 its a good run down.Wayne.

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
HI PAUL WE WERE AT WHITE CAT CARAVAN SITE FOR EASTER BREAK 15 MILE FROM SKEGGY WE TRAVELLED FROM DURHAM A1 A17 A16 THROUGH BOSTON ONTO A52 WHICH TAKES YOU STRAIGHT UP TO SKEGGY PS WHITE CAT SITE VERY GOOD SITE CLEAN QUIET GOOD BASE TO EXPLORE THE AREA HOPE THIS HELPS

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi there. We've been going to Skegness for years from South Yorkshire and tried all the routes there must be. It's not the best of places to get to but the one that I use all the time now is M18, M180 then on the A18 past Humberside airport.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts