Royal Wedding - Anyone going to be celebrating??

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi

We are away at Kingsbury Water Park Camping and Caravanning Club Site 29th April will anyone be celebrating or are the local pubs doing anything?

What will you be doing 29/04/2011?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm not anti royal but I'm not interested in watching. It will be a normal day for me and I'll be doing what I would normally do depending on the weather. Either in the garden if fine or reading/computer if wet. The amount of viewing of the event I will want to see will be shown on the news.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We will be at Stowford PC Rally, OH will be watching it with daughter,
Myself and grandson will walk the dog, play football, do a jigsaw puzzle, colouring, and any thing else I can think of until its all over.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote"What will you be doing 29/04/2011?"

Driving on hopefully empty roads with the van to Daventry for a couple of days before heading up to Kingsbury WP for two weeks.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Just taking advantage of our now extended Easter/Wedding break in our 'van.
smiley-smile.gif

We'll probably just catch up with the Royal activities on the news - it's just another day!
smiley-wink.gif

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi myself and two sisters all have vans my other brother has a tent with four children between us all.
All booked onto a site in Colwyn Bay with respective partners for the royal wedding weekend.

Will be putting the awning up in case of inclement wheather, decorating in bunting flags etc and doing a small party for the kids plus bbq and beers for adults.

Nothing like a good excuse to bring people together and hopefully give the kids some memories of the day to carry forward in life, like I have from my younger days of royal events.

Each kid will receive a goody bag with some royal wedding goodies and a toy of their parents choosing for keepsake and enjoyment.

Cheers and enjoy if you are celebrating

John

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
I'm not anti royal but I'm not interested in watching. It will be a normal day for me and I'll be doing what I would normally do depending on the weather. Either in the garden if fine or reading/computer if wet. The amount of viewing of the event I will want to see will be shown on the news.
and so will I as far from the tv as possible it's all such a bore, a royal wedding followed shortly by a couple of royal christenings and then a couple of new names added to the civil list payed for out of our taxes,
sorry to sound so negative but I'm just not interested in it all.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have no interest in watching it at all and if we go into a pub and the TV is on we would rather go to another pub. I just pity the poor people who have been forced to take a day's leave and the others who will be suffering financially because of this day off.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
We will be at Stowford PC Rally, OH will be watching it with daughter,
Myself and grandson will walk the dog, play football, do a jigsaw puzzle, colouring, and any thing else I can think of until its all over.
We'll be at Stowford as well, as a happy divorcee who lives amicably with Herself weddings make me nervous
smiley-undecided.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As I never received a written invitation , no dogs allowed apparently, I'll spend the time wisely with SWMBO,and the dogs at the Red Lion

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We'll be away with several other people, making the most of the extra BH etc.

Yes, I'll be watching it, husband won't be watching it, well I hope he won't because all he'll do all the way through is comment and moan etc, etc. He's rank anti royalist.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Putting on party food, draping my van in my flags, got a bottle of champagne, (but not sharing that
smiley-laughing.gif
), the dogs have got bandannas to wear too.
smiley-embarassed.gif

Can't wait.
smiley-cool.gif
smiley-cool.gif

Lisa

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I wonder if we get a public holiday when they divroce in 5 years time? Seems common thing to do with the royals. Her parenst are really cashing in on this wedding by selling all sorts of souveniers.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We'll be in the 'van in Scotland, hopefully watching dolphins and celebrating our own wedding anniversary on the same day. May watch the TV for the ceremony depending on the weather

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I will be coming off nights, so from midnight till 0800 = double time
smiley-smile.gif
The girls at work are starry eyed. The blokes are just thinking about the dosh

Then we will be heading off to Banbury with my son and his family on a rally
Just hope that the weather is as good as it is today

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
The royals never turned up or supplied presents at my wedding ,, why should I be interested in theirs. I shall be away in the caravan , have a good stock of DVD's and wil be avoiding the news coverage. No interest in it.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Gob smacked, by all the negative responses. If I have to say something positive on this subject, then clearly Hell has frozen over.
Possibly the most decent of royals, is getting married, and it appears to be for love. give em a break.
PS cant see me watching it either.......................

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Were heading for Paris before the Royals wedding. I'm pro republic for Australia and for kicking Royalty in to touch. The chapel at Windsor castle is very nice, couldn't his granny have fixed up a quick wedding service without all the baloney? After all it's not like they are a couple of fresh faced virgins is it
smiley-smile.gif
. We hope it is a love match as he's punching well above his weight with Katie.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
My new grandson will be born on the 28th (elective C section so pretty sure of the date unless daughter goes into labour early) so I will be giving cuddles to a brand new baby.
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

mel

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We will be in Austria then will be watching all of the Wedding with St. George's and Union Jack flying and celebrating. Always take the Satelite Dish and Box with us and of course the TV.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Damien, just spotted your reply to the royal wedding question where you mention heading to Daventry, are you local to Dav or going there for a holiday? I only ask as it's where I live so wondered what the attraction was if it's a pleasure visit, as is often the case I think we don't always appreciate things that are local to us and will sometimes travel further afield than is needed for something we have right on our doorstep, happy caravanning. Beehpee

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
SpudDog57 said:
Were heading for Paris before the Royals wedding. I'm pro republic for Australia and for kicking Royalty in to touch. The chapel at Windsor castle is very nice, couldn't his granny have fixed up a quick wedding service without all the baloney? After all it's not like they are a couple of fresh faced virgins is it
smiley-smile.gif
. We hope it is a love match as he's punching well above his weight with Katie.
I think that when Queen Elizabeth dies the monarchy will be lucky to survive for much longer because many Brits also want to kick Royalty into touch and the rest don't seem to care either way.
Have to agree that about Wills punching above his weight and once he's sired an heir and a spare he'll have to watch out in case Katie kicks over the traces like Diana did.
Will's old man Charles climbed over Diana to get to Camilla which proves that the Royals have some funny ideas and it's doubtful if the Monarchy could survive more bed hopping scandal while everybody else in the country is being bled dry.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
"punching well above his weight"
Interesting analogy from non 20 something female's. As a 40 something bloke, I have no idea as to how attractive to the eye the prince is to females but clearly in some quarters it seems he is miles and miles above the likes of pain Rooney.
Katie is indeed to myself attractive to the eye, but then so are thousands and thousands of other women I have seen. But merely going on looks alone to describe the likelihood of a relationship surviving long term, or indeed using their parents as an example of what there behaviour will be isnt hardly fair
No doubts in some quarters they will be saying "katie is punching above her weight" But there you go that's life .
I wish them the same good luck I would wish any youngsters today getting married.
and anyway what exactly does "punching above his or her weight" really mean,and how on earth could it apply in this case and especicially to the prince?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
JonnyG said:
I wish them the same good luck I would wish any youngsters today getting married.
and anyway what exactly does "punching above his or her weight" really mean,and how on earth could it apply in this case and especicially to the prince?
It's just a colloquialism, none of the Royals were blessed with stunning good looks although Wills has inherited more of his late mothers features than his fathers luckily for him.
The analogy that we were talking about was if it was William the motor mechanic and Kate the hairdresser instead of a Prince who will one day be King and the privately educated daughter of successful parents Willliam the motor mechanic would have done very well to have wooed and won hairdresser Kate.
William and his bride will have to work very hard for their relationship to survive the intense media scrutiny which comes with being part of the Royal family, every minor spat will be analysed at length let alone any 'indiscretions' real or imagined. The press seem to have learned nothing snce the death of Diana who could have been said to have been hounded to her death by papparazzi.
I too wish Kate and William the very best of luck, they are going to need it

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
As they've decreed it will be a bank holiday I will be on double time. Celebrate? NO! because I've just been advised that due to a government review of my pay and conditions of service etc. (amongst other things) I will be losing somewhere around £1400 pa from my salary as of September. I will have no pay rise for the next two or three years until I retire which will have a marked effect on the final salary pension which I have been paying a large percentage of my salary into for the last 27 years. When I got married 32 years ago I didn't cost the country a penny, In fact I paid for it all myself with no help from anyone still.......I must take a tablet and go and lie in a dark room for a bit..................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts