Runaway car?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The new Passat estate has been designed by Skoda alongside the new Superb. One road test states you could count more fingers on your hand than useful buttons in the cabin. Touch screens predominate. Yet the Skoda still has control knobs and switches. Form over function for the Passat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My mates Tesla X is unusual by my standards.
No keys or fob. Entry by his phone. Two pedals.
No switches or dash boards. Just a massive laptop computer screen in the centre. Even the speed mph is displayed as a number in the top right corner. The rest of the touch screen controls every other function. Worse, no rev counteršŸ˜‰
Frankly I avoid travelling with him. Heā€™s forever fiddling with things on the screen not the roadšŸ™€.
And when he talked his phone to death the flat battery denied him entry to the caršŸ¤Ŗ

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My mates Tesla X is unusual by my standards.
No keys or fob. Entry by his phone. Two pedals.
No switches or dash boards. Just a massive laptop computer screen in the centre. Even the speed mph is displayed as a number in the top right corner. The rest of the touch screen controls every other function. Worse, no rev counteršŸ˜‰
Frankly I avoid travelling with him. Heā€™s forever fiddling with things on the screen not the roadšŸ™€.
And when he talked his phone to death the flat battery denied him entry to the caršŸ¤Ŗ
Saw a Tesla with gull wing doors that was playing loud music and the doors were moving in concert with the music. An essential accessory, along with the cars ability to make a range of bottom burp sounds. Be better if it could be parked in a normal parking slot.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Seems there is another incident relating to the Jag EV. See HERE.
Thatā€™s quite concerning, especially since there one other recorded incident of an I pace doing its own thing. But what a change though going from a Jaguar I Pace to a Dacia Stepaway. My son has recently changed from his 2008 Freelander that has given sterling service and heā€™s bought a 12 month old Dacia Duster. He took me to hospital last Saturday for an early operation and I must say cruising at 70 mph on the M4 I was mightily impressed. He looked at many cars and decided that what he now requires is simplicity, reliability and low running costs since he ceased work in 2020.

Reactions: Mel and Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thatā€™s quite concerning, especially since there one other recorded incident of an I pace doing its own thing. But what a change though going from a Jaguar I Pace to a Dacia Stepaway. My son has recently changed from his 2008 Freelander that has given sterling service and heā€™s bought a 12 month old Dacia Duster. He took me to hospital last Saturday for an early operation and I must say cruising at 70 mph on the M4 I was mightily impressed. He looked at many cars and decided that what he now requires is simplicity, reliability and low running costs since he ceased work in 2020.
Nothing wrong with Daciaā€™s . A great choice today against all the odds. Mostly Renault engineering. And still great value for moneyšŸ‘The guy with the Jag does say he leant over to the passenger seat to get his hat. Back or front seat? I can see him catching some lever or switch. All that backwards and forwards I can only conclude it was EV love at first jumpšŸ¤Ŗ

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Daciaā€™s . A great choice today against all the odds. Mostly Renault engineering. And still great value for moneyšŸ‘The guy with the Jag does say he leant over to the passenger seat to get his hat. Back or front seat? I can see him catching some lever or switch. All that backwards and forwards I can only conclude it was EV love at first jumpšŸ¤Ŗ
Agree and wasnā€™t there a member (Jezzer) who towed a lot of miles in his diesel Duster with a caravan that exceeded the norms by a significant degree.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts