Sanef Toll Reader

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone any experience of the Sanef Toll Reader in France, which enables you to pass through the Tollwithout fussing with tickets and cash ??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No direct experience, but I did read up abut it. It seems that the booths are equipped ith cameras which can determine whether you are solo car, Class 2 with single axle trailer other classes for motorvans and TA vans. That was the first let-down, I had hoped that by making payment easy for them they might have let every off as basic car. (see how unworldly one can become with advancing years.

The big problem, however, was that the radable tag has to be bought for quite a lot of euros. It also has to be placed inside the windscreen at the top on a clear area - my present cr has a sort of dapple pattern over some of this area. I came to the conclusion that if you were making several visits during the year, or were travelling solo (which makes getting out and going round to the booth or machine a nuisance) it could be worth while, but if the cost is computed in reasonable bottles of wine it didn't seem worth while - at least for me.

Google it and read the website - it will probably answer any other questions.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi HOVIS
We used the Sanef dongle last year and found it very useful.
A refundable deposit of 30 Euro is paid when you set up the direct debit.
A charge of 5 euros for the month you are using the dongle up to a maximum of 10 Euros for the year. Additionally, of course, the peage charges!
The automatic lanes at the Peage are clearly signed - just make sure you are in a lane without the height restriction (if you are towing). Slow down to 30 Kmph as you approach and you don't have to stop.
On two ocassions we had to reverse out because of other drivers who had entered the automatic lane in front of us without the dongle. They couldn't get through so we had to let them back out - fortunately it wasn't busy.
All wonderful until to see the bill when you get home.
Bon vayage

Doug

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reading the Sanef website it seems the tags are not supposed to be used on outfits of greater than 3.5 tonness GVW. Since I understand the French particularly calculate this from the maximum rather than actual figures, quite a lot of outfitswill be at or slightly above this value.
I know the toll booth euqipment is pretty clever and deciding between Class 1 and 2 etc. I wonder if it includes weighing , or would it be ok to use a single axle caravan outfit with a theoretical GVW of about 3.7 tonnes ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts