Sanguli, Cambrils, El Delfin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can highly recommend the site 'Cambrils Park'. It's absolutely first class, good pitch size, for Spain, with shrubs/trees to separate pitches from one another, immaculate clean facilities, with everything you could need on site, two super pools, one with 'squirty elephant' fountains for the children - and it's just a short walk (though there is a busy road to cross) to a sandy beach. It's also ideal for teenagers because they can walk into the attractions of Salou. If you can possibly go outside July/August you can use Camping Cheques there, which cost just

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at El Delfin many years ago before we had a caravan - went with Eurocamp or Eurosites I think, in a tent. Went in June (remember the year Wimbledon got washed out - so did northern Spain)so fairly quiet. Large site, plenty of facilities - e.g. shop, tennis etc. Loos etc really clean. Direct access to beach. Miles from anywhere - nothing within easy walking distance. However, lots of things to do in area. My kids (then aged around 14 or so)loved the Dali museaum at Figures.

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
If you follow the N 340 out of Cambrils, in the direction Miami Platja, you will see a string of sites, all situated between the railway line and the sea. They vary from simple to so computerised that you are not allowed to choose your pitch. We used to store our caravan in the area and always spent time at Camping Marius.

Owned by a resident Swiss and managed by a resident Spaniard; it caters to an international clientel, some of whom have returned for 25 years!

Great advantage is the very laid back reception policy. Senior receptionist Pepe, speaks Spanish, German, Catalan, a few words of Dutch and is very keen to practice his English. In May / June we have usually had 3 pitches for our own use.

No pool but an (almost) private beach. Security, shop and clean facilities.

Whatever you choose - have fun!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can highly recommend the site 'Cambrils Park'. It's absolutely first class, good pitch size, for Spain, with shrubs/trees to separate pitches from one another, immaculate clean facilities, with everything you could need on site, two super pools, one with 'squirty elephant' fountains for the children - and it's just a short walk (though there is a busy road to cross) to a sandy beach. It's also ideal for teenagers because they can walk into the attractions of Salou. If you can possibly go outside July/August you can use Camping Cheques there, which cost just

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Jo, have just stayed in La Carabasse for the 2nd year running. Saw El Delfin in one of their brochures. It looks like a very big site. Was interested in knowing what was close by but you have answered that question. We like to have somewhere to walk in the evening. Don't think this would be suitable if there's nothing around. Thanks for the info. Helen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you follow the N 340 out of Cambrils, in the direction Miami Platja, you will see a string of sites, all situated between the railway line and the sea. They vary from simple to so computerised that you are not allowed to choose your pitch. We used to store our caravan in the area and always spent time at Camping Marius.

Owned by a resident Swiss and managed by a resident Spaniard; it caters to an international clientel, some of whom have returned for 25 years!

Great advantage is the very laid back reception policy. Senior receptionist Pepe, speaks Spanish, German, Catalan, a few words of Dutch and is very keen to practice his English. In May / June we have usually had 3 pitches for our own use.

No pool but an (almost) private beach. Security, shop and clean facilities.

Whatever you choose - have fun!
Hi Martin, this sounds lovely but unfortunately we need a pool as one of our group can't stand the beach. Thanks anyway, Helen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Val, this site sounds superb. Is the pool generally in the middle of the site or have you got to walk from one end to the other. Is the road very busy/noisy etc. Would be very interested to find out more. Thanks Helen.
There are actually two pools, one at each end of the site. Nearest to the entrance is the children's pool, which is like a shallow bowl with no steps down for most of the way around and has elephant slides and fountains. At the other end of the site is the 'adult' pool (which also has a children's section)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we were in cambrils last 2 weeks of july,best holiday ever,had 2 teenagers and hardly ever saw them.this is a top quaility site and we are going back next year

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to El Delpin Verdi this year. Very big site but very clean. Pitches are a good size except in some areas under the trees. You get to pick your pitch on arrival anyway. Right on the beach with excellent facillities. I would not hesitate to return.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi there i have recently returned from cambrils park, very good site. pitches are big but you might struggle with a twin axle like me,(get help from somebody if you need it) to push van onto your pitch .some tight corners.good toilets & shower blocks.good swimming pools kids enjoyed them.high temperture during the day .24 @ night you will need a fan to keep cool @ night i could not sleep because of the heat. I WOULD RECOMEND THIS SITE TO ANYBODY WITH KIDS.this was my first trip to spain with my van and i enjoyed every mile of the trip,plenty of views. i travelled from calais to cambrills.total miles 896m .road tolls

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we were in cambrils last 2 weeks of july,best holiday ever,had 2 teenagers and hardly ever saw them.this is a top quaility site and we are going back next year
What sort of pitch did you have. I can see from the website that there are different types. We are looking at a fully serviced pitch. were there any there with private toilets/showers. I would be interested to hear your comments. e-mail helengriffiths68@hotmail.com

Thanks, Helen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi there i have recently returned from cambrils park, very good site. pitches are big but you might struggle with a twin axle like me,(get help from somebody if you need it) to push van onto your pitch .some tight corners.good toilets & shower blocks.good swimming pools kids enjoyed them.high temperture during the day .24 @ night you will need a fan to keep cool @ night i could not sleep because of the heat. I WOULD RECOMEND THIS SITE TO ANYBODY WITH KIDS.this was my first trip to spain with my van and i enjoyed every mile of the trip,plenty of views. i travelled from calais to cambrills.total miles 896m .road tolls

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts